Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver umax question

barberx

I have noticed sometimes a Silver umax photo shows red pinpoint button and most times a toggle switch- what gives ??
Richard TX

Hi Richard, the older model Silver Sabre has a red pinpoint button on them. The newer model Silver uMax doesn't have a pinpoint button. The toggle switch is for setting the detector in all metal mode or discriminate mode. I must add the Silver uMax is a great machine & most likely the Silver Sabre is too. I have owned the Silver uMax but never owned a Silver Sabre. Steve.

Hi Richard.

I believe SkiWhiz is correct. I have the older Silver Sabre uMax with the red button. It has an extra knob as well as a red button. The extra knob is for threshold adjustment. The all metal mode is threshold based where the all metal mode of the Silver uMax (newer model) is not. The threshold based all metal feature cost more. The suggested retail price of the older Silver Sabre uMax was $379. The SRP for the newer Silver uMax is $299.

I think the older version has some advantages over the newer version.

From what I hear from Silver uMax owners the value/performance of both models is outstanding. I know I love my SS uMax:inlove:

HH,

[size=medium]It added a LOT of confusion when discussing models for sale or models you have questions about.

Tesoro made four (4) Silver SABRE models:

The Silver Sabre (original) which had a 7" coil standard, two knobs to adjust Discrimination and Sensitivity, and a toggle to select a variable Discriminate mode or what they termed "All Metal", but it was simply a motion-disc. mode with minimal rejection and accepted most metals, ferrous and non-ferrous.

The Silver Sabre Plus, which was supplied with an open-center 8" coil and had a toggle to select a threshold-based All Metal mode for pinpointing or motion Disc. mode. It, too, had external Sensitivity and Disc. adjustments.

The Silver Sabre II, which was their first turn-on-and-go model featuring the ED-120 discrimination (a lower-end adjustment range than earlier models), and had the brown 8" open-center coil, Discrimination and Sensitivity controls, a toggle to select motion Disc. or conventional, threshold-based All Metal for searching or pinpointing, and a small knob that protruded from the back of the housing and allowed the operator to adjust the threshold trimmer on the circuit board.

The Silver Sabre

I own the Silver Sabre uMax and I have heard people who own the Silver uMax say the same thing I'm about to say.

The Silver doesn't have the versitility of the higher end MD's.

That being said, If you are hunting in mild to moderate ground conditions........

The Silver has super fast recovery speed.

You can clean out a play ground real quick and walk off with most of the goodies available.

It is great at finding coins and jewlery.

It is versital enough to do a variety of hunting task.

I have the Eldorado and the Euro Sabre and I still enjoy using the Silver because of it's quality.

I used it yesterday and it keeps pace with my higher end machines as long as your not in mineralized or iron laden soils.

Monte is very accurate in what he says about the Silver. I just want to include the "FUN FACTOR" which the Silver posses.

Excuse me for rattleing on,

So one has to be careful of the Silver model purchased.
Monte..In your opinion which one is the best model?

[quote Elton]So one has to be careful of the Silver model purchased.
Monte..In your opinion which one is the best model?[/quote]

[size=medium]Of the Silver Sabre series, my favorite was the Silver Sabre II because it was quiet in iron trash, but the Silver Sabre

n/t