Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver UMax Finds Silver WIth New 10.5 Coil

Indy

The mailman delivered a 10.5 coil this afternoon and I had to give it a try on the Silver Umax even though conditions weren't the best. The first signal was a very strong signal . After digging I saw something shiny and thought for sure I had a silver dime. After getting it out and closely examining it I noticed it was a girl scout necklace item with STER stamped on the back. What a way to start off with the 10.5 coil ! I also found some clad but due to the weather I cut things short. The 10.5 may replace my 9x8 . I'm not sure why Tesoro dicontinued these coils. Looking forward to using this coil more.

tvr,

I usually set my discrimination to Foil . When I hit a target I usually turn it up to nickel. If it starts breaking up most times it's a nickel . I usually play around with my discrimination to try and narrow down what I think the target is after getting a good signal.

I like the 10.5" coil when I'm hunting in areas where the trash is light and I want to cover more area per sweep. Gets a bit more depth as well and is still light enough to handle easily. Another winner in my opinion is the 7" concentric. Slips thru the trash pretty well and still gets decent depth while giving decent ground coverage.
BB

... and is the reason why they place the DISC control where it is... it's close to the thumb for twiddling!

I like the big coil. As for the .925 GS emblem - was it deep? Would the stock coil have found it?

Nice to hear about tha coil.

Looks good on tha Silver.

Keep us posted on how you like it.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog

Indy,
The one thing that really fools me when I think I have a nickel under the coil is when it's one of the metal ferrells that hold the eraser to a standard wooden pencil.
tvr

Dahut,

It was only about 3-4 inches down so the stock or 9X8 I have would of found it. I really like the way the 10.5 coil swings. It seems more balanced then my 9X8 . Jury is still out on it though. It was such a deal I couldn't pass it up.

Tabdog,

Thanks for the post. I have a question for you since you have a Compadre. I'm thinking maybe about getting one for my father-in-law for XMAS. I've never had a Compadre and didn't know if the coils for the Silver UMax and Compadre were interchangeable. I wouldn't mind giving him my 8 stock coil if it would fit. Thanks.

Indy said:
Tabdog,

Thanks for the post. I have a question for you since you have a Compadre. I'm thinking maybe about getting one for my father-in-law for XMAS. I've never had a Compadre and didn't know if the coils for the Silver UMax and Compadre were interchangeable. I wouldn't mind giving him my 8 stock coil if it would fit. Thanks.
Sorry to jump in on ya Tabdog - the coil on the Compadre's are hard wired (can not be changed). The older Compadre's came with a 7 inch coil & the newer Compadre's come with a 5.75" coil. Steve.