Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver UMax Finds Silver Again

Indy

Went hunting over at my parents home this afternoon and had a great hunt. They live in a house built in 1919 and I have pouded the their small yard several times before with my old Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2 & Bounty Hunter Elite 2200 . The Tesoro Silver UMax found a awesome 1942 Mercury Dime , 1928 & 1958 Wheaties , bunch of clad and a ring. Since I've bought my Tesoro I've yet to pick up the Bounty Hunter and hunt with it. I had to go to Harbour Freight Salvage and buy my dad some bits so he could sharpen some chain saw blades. I've read on the forum about the Cen Tech Hand Held Metal Detector . I went down the aisle and spotted that they had two in stock for $14.99 each. I had a coupon for $ 5 off on a $ 20 purchase so I went ahead and got two of them at a final cost of $ 12.50 each. I was able to use it while hunting today and was quite impressed with it ! If your looking for a low cost pin pointer this is the real deal !

Nice finds, the Silver uMax is a fantastic machine & a real joy to use. I have owned two of them over the years, sold them to try different brands/models and just bought another Silver uMax because they work so well. Steve.

[size=large]Way to go Indy,

I went through a thing like that.

I had a BH and then a lower cost

Garrett.

When I got my first Tesoro, I was

inspired and loved the hobby even more.

I have really took off sense then.

At least for an old fart, I took off....:blink:

But I have four Tesoro'es now and should

have another one in my hands today.

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog
[/size]

Nice finds! I also picked up one of the Harbor Freight pin-pointers. It works much better than expected and can't beat the price.

Tabdog,

I'm thinking of getting another Tesoro . I just haven't made up my mind of which one I'd like. I would like to try one with pinpointing on it . I think Bounty Hunter has gotten better with the Fisher label but I wouldn't use any of their lower end detectors. It sort of like driving a Mustang ( Tesoro ) and you hop in a Vega ( Bounty Hunter ) . Which one would be your main driver?

TVR,

I agree they are a good pinpointer for the money. If you break it or lose it your not out some big money.