Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Suite Week

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone.
This week: worst first then the goodies.

Monday had to be my single worst coin to time ratio ever. Went to a park that I had visited briefly(45 minutes or so) once before. That time managed to snag close to a couple of bucks in change(mostly quarters) and a wheat cent. This time I arrived early in the evening with a couple of hours thinking that there was going to be some good chances to clean up. How wrong that thought turned out to be. In twenty minutes there was one found dime in my pocket. An hour and a half after that there was the dime and an additional zinc cent.

Wednesday was alright. A few days before saw someone scraping dirt off the sidewalk in front of a duplex...Asked him permission to detect and he was more than obliging telling me to stay on his side. So I pulled the Garrett out and started dinging and diggin' when the person from the other side of the duplex came out and was giving the evil ojo. Told them I had permission to be there and facetiously asked to detect their side which was met with a resounding "NO, my mother doesn't like strangers in the yard." He then walked off and came back a short while later with a tall boy and he and a friend sat on the porch talked about video games and watched me with intent.
Snagged a few coins, nothing good but the ponder of the social dynamic of the duplex.

Thursday visited a small hunted school. Found a wheat cent near dark. Detected for a bit near the wall lights in a very small patch of grass and managed to score my first James Avery silver ring. It was about 3" deep. That was cool! The ring sells new for a fifty dollar bill. [attachment 138540 020.JPG]

Saturday a couple of detectorist buddies invited me along to a park hunt. They were running late and it was their location choice so I stopped at another spot on the way for a few minutes. Found five wheats, a pretty milk/red swirly marble and a clear marble.
At the park my first five or six digs were junk. The first coin I found was a Jefferson war nickle at about 5". Cool. Cool. The next couple hours my buddy found ten quarters, bunch of dimes fifteen or so and a bunch of pennies while I found small change and more junk.(there were some dimes, but you know.) We took a break and one bud had to roll. Looking at the area I surmised that a small particular spot be givin' some attention. I gridded it hard for a half an hour, dug a 59 cent 62 nick 64 cent and then a 53 Roosevelt shows his face. Very nice! My buddy has been on a silver drought lately so I called him over to help search the area...After about five or ten minutes I'm lookin' up and see him about seventy five yards away...Finally after about another thirty minutes or so he comes back and shows me a small silver ring with three little black stones.(sorry no pic, next time.) A very good close on the day.

Sunday could almost have been over before it started. Finds wise. First coin dug was a wheat followed by a 62 nick and third was Washington 64.(A completion of the suite) Very very nice! All in a matter of about fifteen or twenty minutes. For a few more hours I roamed with nought a goody dug....Doesn't matter...there was a silver quarter in the poke on the way home. (a side note: I had gone nine weeks without digging a silver quarter and with this one have now found three in four weeks.).....................Enjoy the pics and Happy Hunting! [attachment 138538 001.JPG] [attachment 138539 011.JPG] [attachment 138541 036.JPG]

This post really got pushed down the que by the contest with all the entries. It deserves some more looks. Great hunts and stories. Nice silver coins and ring too.

Chris

Congrats on the good finds !
Looks like you were all over the place.
You may have found new spots to recheck.
Are you putting that clad aside for the new Garrett that they'll introduce soon :laugh:

Nice hunting.
I picked up a new coil for my minelab and have picked up a silver on each of my last 2 outings. But hey I am still a rookie and love to see the finds some of the constant producers make.

HH
Jeff

Thanks Chris and everyone else for looking.
I'll definately be looking for that new Garrett when its released.
Finding those coins doesn't come easy.
Here is a pic of the nearly two pounds junk dug minus the big stuff from last week.
[attachment 138688 004.JPG]

That looks about right. It ain't easy getting the good stuff. I tend to empty my pockets of junk into the bed of my truck and when some interested bystander sees it all they usually ask why would anybody want to dig so much garbage? I rarely dig out the keepers to show them why.

How long have you been detecting? (I'd guess a long time.) What machines are you using?

Chris

PS I usually go months between silver quarter finds. Dimes I find tons of.

MONKOO8 said:
Thanks Chris and everyone else for looking.
I'll definately be looking for that new Garrett when its released.
Finding those coins doesn't come easy.
Here is a pic of the nearly two pounds junk dug minus the big stuff from last week.
[attachment 138688 004.JPG]
Now that is what I'm talking about - the bald truth!

If that quarter had benn a 63, It would be like drawing a straight flush or better....."A True Suite"

.... .. .. ."Only an MD'r knows the feeling."..... .. .. . Thats why. Either way.

Have benn detecting for close to three months.
Exclusively detecting with a Garrett GTI 2500 and a Gt. Pro Pointer.

Picked up 600ish coins as a kid w/Dad about twenty five yr ago.(w/a couple silver)
Dad was an avid MD'r.
Don't think He ever found anything really old.
He did find some really neat old things though.

P.S. I would like to find tons of silver dimes....