Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver roman coin ( denari ) from Septimus Severus 193 - 211 A.D.

frankieboy1959

Field find. Found with my XP Deus around Mainz, Germany.

WOW THATS IN GREAT SHAPE

Thanks unearth & mudpuppy. And yes Kaolinwasher, it is in great shape. To date I have found 18 Roman silver coins, and I have only 2 or 3 that is in as good or better condition than this one.

Frank, that's amazing and you've been posting some remarkable finds from living in Germany. Did you research these sites prior to digging ? I know I'd been beyond cautious worrying about live or unexploaded ordnances from WWII.... How have you done back home living in the Nola area ?

Ok kschae4 how do you know my name and hometown? Are you like NSA? As far as research goes I just look for areas of interest around where I search at, for example the iron medieval spur and key came from the top of a pretty high ridgeline about 3/4 of a mile to a mile away from not one, but 2 castles built in the 11th-13th century. As for as ordnance in the last 19 years I have spent at least 5,000+ hours digging holes in Germany and England and have never found anything more then a few hundred bullets.

AAAAHHH Mystery resolved, phew I was already worried that the spooks were closing in on me (-: One thing I forgot to mention about munitions and ordnance you do find shrapnel EVERYWHERE in Germany.

Frank, I was stationed in Spangdahlem Germany for almost 4 years. I did a little detecting of private property when I could get permission from the owner. Didn't do nearly as good as you have. As far as everywhere else in Germany, I was never sure about the laws there on detecting so I didn't go as much as I would have liked. I was also stationed at Eglin for 8.5 years. Inlaws still live there. I spent a lot of time on Oakaloosa Island, its where I first took up detecting. HH

Overvoltage that's cool about being stationed at Spangdahlem, I own the H&R Block located on Ramstein AFB. And I actually do not consider myself as being very lucky, I just work really hard and put in a lot of time digging holes. To me metal detecting is pure mathematics, X=how many miles you walk & X=how many hours you have your detector turned on & X how many holes you dig & X=how many good things you find. Of course it does not hurt to have good equipment, know how to use that equipment and a LITTLEEEEEE wee bit of luck.
I own a condo in Destin West Beach and Bay Resorts on Okaloosa Island, I have the board walk beach just a 5-10 minute walk away from my condo. That is a great little beach for water hunting, I hate dry sanding, I definitely prefer being in the water versus being on the dry sand. And then of course Crab Island is just 5 miles up Highway 98 from me.

Frank, It is a small world. Yea, I drool over the idea of detecting Crab Island. I live in South Carolina now and don't get to make it down to FWB very often. I really try to avoid the Mother-In-Law :rage: as much as possible. I wish I had the equipment I have now when I was in Germany. I have to agree, its not about luck, its putting the miles in with the coil to the ground, and of course the right machine for the detecting task at hand.