Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver pocket spill

Bob in SoMd

I found out again today why I need to dig ALL signals - even the obvious memorial penny. This was a quick one hour hunt as the sun was setting.

Went back to the same grassy patch that yielded the Stone Mountain half last week. About 15 feet from there, got a good 70 signal at 6 inches and popped out the 1939 Honduras 1 Centavo. It's pretty small (top of the first pic) and thicker than a US coin. Made of bronze. Then, bagged a couple of wheaties.

Then a few minutes later, I got a solid 77 at 3 inches. Of course I'm thinking it's a memorial or maybe a clad dime. WRONG. Dug the plug and first out was a wheatie that had the telltale greenish side that looked like it had been against another coin. A good sign, I thought. Gotta rescan the hole. Solid tone! Another wheatie. Rescan...tone! Pull out a very encrusted dime and a second one right after! Loosen some more dirt and get a good 42 VDI in the dirt pile - WAR Nickel! All told - 8 coins. 2 Mercs (1945, 1935), one War Nickel (1945-P), and 5 wheats (1944, 1944, 1945, 1947, 1947) along with a very rusty penny sized disk that might be a steel cent. I'm soaking it but don't think I'll be able to save it.

A while later, dug another penny signal and pulled a 1971 mem cent AND another 1945-P War Nickel from the same hole.

Total finds - only 4 modern clad!

[attachment 179922 ImportedPhotos00000.jpg]

Pocket spill!

[attachment 179923 ImportedPhotos00004.jpg][attachment 179924 ImportedPhotos00006.jpg]

4 silver day!

[attachment 179925 ImportedPhotos00010.jpg][attachment 179926 ImportedPhotos00023.jpg]

I only covered about 20 yards so I need to go back.

Good luck to all this weekend.

Bob

That's some great finds .You don't see those kind of older spills very often . Nice hunt Congrats

Harold

Very nice checking the hole again is like digging those high jumpy signals where you find a quarter along witg a pile of other coins.

Yukon Bob,

You have been on fire lately ! Keep doing whatever it is you're doing 'cause its working. I love those Mercs and keep hoping to run across a jar or two of them. Thanks for posting. Nice pictures. CCH

WOW !!!
Now that's a pocket spill !!!

WTG

HH

That's one nice pocket spill. I love it! It's great to see those war nickels popping up. HH, Nancy