Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver pinpoint HELP !!!!!

ochog

:rant: As some of you know I just got my new silver and since it got up to 33 degrees today I decided to try it out for the first time. I was detecting over a light snow covered shredded bark tot area. This thing really hits on nickels something old green had a hard time doing. Now when I get to the deeper stuff I am having a hard time pinpointing. On the Tesoro coil there is the large hole in the center. What I want to know is when I get a hit (tone) is the target right in the center or is it hitting in the solid part of the coil?

I have read the manual like two dozen times and tried the X and the moving left and right and I still can not get away without digging a two foot crater. I either get a tone or when I move the coil to the left, right, front or back no tone. So what is it that I am looking for once I get the hit. I know digging will be easier once the ground thaws but I can't wait. So once I get a target tone how or what is the easy way to pinpoint. As in the past thanks for your help in advance.

Tony in the still frozen finger lakes of upstate NY :rage:

I don't have the silver, but I have a vaquero and I just x and dig at the intersection of the two swing directions.
I think on your detector the hole is larger on the coil than mine, but the target should be in the center of the coil.
Sometimes lifting the coil slightly but not enough to lose the signal will help in pinpointing especially on shallow targets.
If it is a deep target, usually the dead center of the coil is going have the most detection depth.

Hope this helps some,
Felix

I would suggest laying an item on the ground so you can see it. Then X it and study the machine. Same principle should apply on the ground as it does in the ground. I have a Silver and love it.

With a little practice and some better conditions, I think you will find the Silver easy to pin point.

I know from experience that the Silver is a good pin pointing machine.

The recovery speed is so fast that, with a small target, the target is usually almost at the point that the signal occures.

That makes it a lot easier. You may have to lift your coil on shallow targets to get a single beep.

You can slow down and shorten your swing until you are making 4 or 5 inch swings and get hits.

That narrowes it down conciderably.

It's not hard. But it is not so easy that it doesn't take practice.

It's something that you can do right off the bat. But you can learn every day and and never learn it all.

HH,

HH

The pinpoint should be in the center of the hole in the coil or darn close. I've been using that coil on 2 SSumaxes for years and that's the way they hit.
HH
Bill

OK so when I get a beep slow down to the back and forth and when I hear the beep again the target should be in the center? 99% of my detecting is coin shooting so vary rarely do I ever have a target more than 4" deep. I am sure I will get it thanks for the help.

I think you will get it alright. All it takes is practice.

If you like it, the practice is the fun:detecting:

HH,

lay a bunch of different size items out........see where they discriminate out (keep in mind they won't always discriminate the same in the ground), how they sound next to each other .....try swinging over them using different distances from the coil.........

you will be able to size the object well by pinpointing.......

THAT, is among the things I really like about my Tesoros with open center coil...

X once or twice, and the target IS exactly in the center of the coil.

Frequently I just give the coil a little bounce on the turf...
HH