Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver, Clad, Trash & CASH!!!

jim in socal

I spent a couple of hours at Huntington Beach this afternoon. I was about to leave the beach when the Lifeguard drives up, makes a little small talk and tells me a lady has lost her diamond wedding ring near the pier. He asks if I could help her find it. Not being one to decline a challenge, I said sure, but on one condition, that he drives me there and then back to my car. On foot it's about a 2 mile round trip and I was already running late. When we arrive at the pier, the lady is raking the sand. She had set the ring on a towel while playing volleyball. When she picked up the towel, the ring flew into the sand. She pointed out the general area and I began to search. After about 5 minutes of digging nails, slag and other junk (love those PI's), out pops a beautiful white gold ring with a large oval diamond surrounded by smaller ones. Needless to say she was very happy and thankful. She then asked me to wait while she goes to her car. I chat with her friend. On her return, she says I want to reward you and hands me a wad of bills. I tried to return them, but she was having none of that. She said her husband paid 5 grand for the ring and having to tell him she had lost it would have been, lets say, unbearable. Well, we both went away happy :):)and I had dinner on time!! Also, along with the way, I scored a silver toes ring with actual toes!!!

A great day at the beach. :thumbup:

Great story Jim :) Way to go... I have only been asked to find keys lol..

hey cool on the helpin find the ring, those kind of kindness r what gets our hobby postive feedback in the general public. i have been ask twice tto find engagement rings, one was lost for two years n i found it in bout hour, keep up the good work n congrads on the nut that u found also

coastwise

Joe