Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver and relics

Dan(NM)

I met up with my hunting buddy at a WWII dump site in West Texas to spend the day finding some relics. Both of us were able to find some silver medallions and several silver coins along with the usual buttons and relics from a military site. We were running the 800 with 6" coils and the 800 was able to zero in on the non-ferrous targets like a laser.

I was running Park 1, 2 tones, recovery 6 , 0 iron bias and sens at 16 and tone break at -9 to + 17, the amount of debris that the 800 was able to see thru was a wonder to behold. I hit a sterling silver backer pin that was a solid repeatable hit surrounded by low tones. I'm impressed more and more with the 800 every time I hit a spot like this.

I found what we thought was a ring at first, the 3 sided thing with a stone on top, we have no idea what it is, but it sure sounded good. Thanks for looking.

Nice finds like those SLQ’s!!!

D&P-OR said:
Nice finds Dan & I like your settings on the E800.--------Del

Thank Del, I run my CTX very similar to this as well. I call it my extreme cherry picking mode :)

Awesome hunt.... so if I understand correctly you don’t dig anything lower than 17 ? I may try those settings myself...

bootyhoundpa said:
Awesome hunt.... so if I understand correctly you don’t dig anything lower than 17 ? I may try those settings myself...

That is correct, I tried opening it up from 11-14, I spent far too much time chasing junk. I'm sure there's some good stuff I missed running that high, but, time was precious

I put the coin program in mine with part of the trash areas left but lower sounds and different tone on the trash sections . I run only 12 and 13 in that zone with higher and louder sound than the trashy areas I left in . seems to work real good and still leaves the ring numbers there if you want to dig them . But brings all coin signals to your attention easier .. I am digging a lot more nickels than I did with my other detectors and if its locked on 13 real good chance its a nickel with less trash digging .