Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silent Threshold

Hello. I am very new to the Minelab Explorer with just 1/2 season under my belt. When hunting my threshold is almost always nulled out on any site I visit unless I hold the detector still. Does that mean I am running too high of sensitivity or that I am experiencing a lot of trash, or both? What would you recommend?

Opinions will vary on this but it doesn't bother me when my Explorer is in null, it will still hit the goodies in null.

You can open up the iron mask some more to allow more targets to be "seen"...hence less nulling...if you feel you are missing targets

I don't worry about it though. Here is an excerpt from a response I just posted on the explorer forum......"I realize that Minelab and some others may not agree with my assessment...but I'm just tellin' you what works for me. If I remember correctly...I was also told by many that I couldn't find a coin when I my detector was nulling (no threshold). Well if that's the case I need to go throw 8 of the 10 seated dimes I found this year.....back to the ground...cause I found them in a completely solid dead null...no threshold whatsoever."

Hey Sniper,
I've been detecting for the last 6-7 years almost exclusively with the Whites XLT. But I just recently entered the ML Explorer arena and am still learning a lot about it. Here is a video that demonstrates at least one way to solve your problem.
http://www.mlotv.com/view/399/allow-explorer-s-threshold-to-select-a-sens-level/

And not to take away from this forum, but the minelabowners forum is another good place to learn about this great detector.
http://www.minelabowners.com/forum/index.php

Good luck,
Eddie

Do you remember any of the depths of the coins found ,while the unit was nulling?