Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Signs Of The End for Monday June 6

Law and grace one of the most misunderstood topics in our Faith ( QUOTE When we allow ourselves to be confronted with the fact that there is no virtue or value whatsoever in obedience to the law to secure favorable standing with God, it is then that the pure genius of the gospel dawns upon our hearts with warm, healing light.) That statement makes me wonder why John wrote these texts in( 1 JN 3:22 and whatever we ask we recieve from him BECAUSE we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.) Looks like John thought obedience gained some kind of favor with GOD. I read in the lesson where Ellen said that obedience played no part in whether you would be saved or not and that brings this text to mind (HEB 5:9 And being made perfect he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who OBEY HIM .) My brother my be pushing the faith alone doctrine a little to far to the point that obedience to God is useless even after we are saved by faith. James has a good text to clear that up in JAMES 2:14 What good is it my brother if someone says he has faith but does not have works? CAN THAT FAITH SAVE HIM?) Now heres the interesting part in the greek text it gives you the answer and it says flat out NO. You all know that James says faith without works is dead in other words useless. In a later text he says 2:26 For as the body is dead apart from the spirit so also faith apart from works is dead. AND back up in the same chapter and the only time that faith and alone are used in holy writ and this verse was the biggest thorn in martin luthers side that he wanted to take the book of james out the bible and it caused him to forge the book of romans and add the word alone to faith in Rom 3:28. ) James 2:24 YOU SEE THAT A PERSON IS JUSTIFIED BY WORKS AND NOT BY FAITH ALONE.) If obedience plays no part in anything like Ellen penned why did the MEN who penned the bible say different? JESUS even said in Jn 15 :14 YOU ARE MY FRIENDS IF YOU DO WHAT I COMMAND YOU.

Salvation is by TRUE faith alone - perhaps here is where the confusion lies. Works, in the sense of obedience to God’s word & Spirit, are the witness that you TRULY have been saved. real saving faith always has visible results. There is no dichotomy between james & the rest of the nt. For all that disparage james or minimize the truth he presents - the most important scripture that applies to this debate is the words of Christ in Matt 7:13-23

First off let me state I dont not believe in a works salvation. I do believe the text that says that faith without work is dead and it has no power to save. I know the argument about James and Paul contradicting one another and I know they do not.Whether or not works are just a manifestation of true faith well thats open for debate because the bible doesnt make a distintion when the word for faith is used ,it doesnt say true faith or fake faith it just says they believed or they didnt.. The parable of the four soils is a good example they believed and some them fell away same greek word used as the ones who didnt fall away . It didnt say those didnt have the true faith . another good example would be Simon in acts 8:13 what happened to him? he believed and then fell away a couple verses down and Peter lit him up. the bible clearly says he believed and then fell away.I dont use the term faith alone because if you take that statement as most that ive ever seen do you wind up with a antinomion faith, Ive got a book by Charles Stanley and hes gives a good of example of what im speaking of. He gives this, a man has a moments faith and walks out the church 10 minutes later walks out the church and lives for the devil basically for the rest of his life and his eternal destiny is never in question. Thats the type of teachings im dead againest and think about how dangerous a teaching like that could be. If anyone wants pg number where thats at let me know its in the book eternal security can you be sure. Do you know how big of a audience he has? Ive got a question for you WHY was Abrahams faith counted as righteousness? Was it because he had a moments faith or was it because he lived a life of faith?Rom4:18-22 the answer to that question is in verse 22 never heard a preacher teach on it either .WE can talk about that phrase works of the law later.