Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Significant other frowns when you want to Metal Detect?

UFOsAreReal

My girlfriend was very supportive of me buying a Whites DFX, but when it came to actually taking the time to hunt, she has been a little hesitant to let me go every time I wanted to.

Enter the "Treasure hunting America" DVD set.

I just kinda put it in when we were not watching anything in particular.
Her eyes got big as pie plates when she saw gold nuggets , coins and jewelry... being pulled right from the ground before her eyes.
We ended up watching 3 hours worth before we had to sleep.
When I turned it off this is what she said and I quote.
"You have to get to it! You have to get out there more and find some of that stuff!" and she was serious. heheh..
She is now much more supportive of our hobby and she is more interested in trying it herself.

wow

This would not fall under the category of "Trickery" would it?

Great show that "Treasure Hunting America"

Or "borrowed" off the Internet! :rolleyes:

My wife says nothing to me except, have fun and happy hunting. She knows this is how I wind down from a busy week of work. I just enjoy going out. If I find something of extraordinary value or history, that is a bonus. My cousin and I try to go out now, every Sunday. When the weather gets cold enough to freeze the ground, we head to the beach areas. It is nice looking on the forums here and looking at all the other successful finds from others. This keeps me motivated and saying, my time will come. LOL

HH :cheers:

No way, shape, or form is this trickery.
At the very most this is simply a little tiny bit of the same manipulation she has been steering you with since the day the two of you met.

I am lucky. I am permanently disabled in my back and my wife encourages me to go metal detecting as a form of exercise. I think the truth is that it gets me out of her way and out of the house. She breaks my heart everytime she yells at me and tells me to go tectin'. LOL Really, she is very interested in the finds I get and brags to everyone about them and metal detecting. She can be a "nag" but HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, HONEY.

n/t

You will soon learn the answer to your own question. One she will ask you. Honey does this dress make my butt look big? Now how do you answer that trick question? Just picture yourself swinging your detector in your head. Take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Then reply "Of course not Honey you look Awesome!!". Then you also reply. "Hey I'm going Metal Detecting, Love you Honey"!!

If you answer anything other than that you may as well sell your machine pal!

if my wife said it was her or the detector, i would sure miss her. no just kidding she gos detecting with me.

no!..not at all!.sounds like she wants you to "pop" her some jewelry!..good luck!

(h.h!)
j.t.

I have been metal-detecting in the U.S., since 1976, and got married in 1984. But, even when we lived in Europe, my wife never cared much about my metal-detecting. One day, she rode up on her bicycle, with our son in his bike-seat behind her, and asked me if I had found anything. I told her, "Not much, just this" and showed her a ladies gold and diamond wedding ring that I had found in the park I had been detecting. She was even more shocked when, about ten minutes later, I dug up a man's gold and diamond wedding ring. Using my White's 6000 DiPro, I also found, on other days, a 2,000 year old coin with Caesar Augustus' face on it and a 1909O Indian Head Five Dollar Gold Piece. Unfortunately, she was still not as excited as I was. The day that I, and one of my metal-detecting buddies, went to a local downtown park to hone our skills, my wife and his stayed on the sidelines and talked. That is, until I dug up an Italian coin dated 1799. That's when they almost fell off the bench they were sitting upon. Sadly, almost four years ago, I lost my wife to a 23 year old kid. She left me with a 17 year old, developmentally-disabled, son to raise on my own. But, I'm still metal-detecting and living back in the U.S. where I plan to find more gold coins in the future. When I do, I'll let you know!

[size=large]Hi dljones54, sounds like you ended up with the best treasure of all! I believe God trusts special people to care for others with needs, may God always bless you and your son, Tim[/size]

Mine had no problem...Gave her 2 choices 1: Go Bar hopping on a Harley-Davidson
2: Go metal detecting in the woods/parks/tot lots

I got a Prizm IV/ MXT /and eyeballing a GMT :thumbup:

be strong!..be resolute!...repent!..and the demon will be vanquished!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Actually, if you find any nice jewelry,,,clean it up and give it to her....:thumbup:

[quote sonny60]I am lucky. I am permanently disabled in my back and my wife encourages me to go metal detecting as a form of exercise. I think the truth is that it gets me out of her way and out of the house. She breaks my heart everytime she yells at me and tells me to go tectin'. LOL Really, she is very interested in the finds I get and brags to everyone about them and metal detecting. She can be a "nag" but HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, HONEY.[/quote]Boy you got it made.Where can I get one?:confused:That's what I tell my wife , plus she gets relief by going to work,while I'm stuck here 24-7 as "mister mom".I love her to death but she can sure gripe.I tell everyone that I have a hearing problem with one frequency but its ok,It's my wife's tone of voice.hehe , head phones are dual purpose don'tcha know. I'm forgoing the 10 screws,rods and bone graphs for the stimilator implant, plus have 2nd & 3rd degree burn scars over 38% of my body.100%disabled at 38years old roarly SUCKS!!!!!!