Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:shrug: i don't know why it works this way...

sangamon

...but the old adage is true: you get out of it what you put into it.

this is the only coin i dug yesterday... 4-22 at 4 inches with my SE/SunRay X-8.
wafer thin, but a solid hit in all directions. i also dug 2 nails & 2 shotgun shells, nothing else

out in the middle of freakin' nowhere, y'all :ninja:

its funny how that happens sangamon but nice old silver for sure wtg :thumbup:

It must have been sitting on a weird angle for it to read 22 Conduct or on Edge. Usually, they will read in the 25 Conduct Range so you got lucky when you dug that signal. Congrats on a nice Coin and Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you.:thumbup:

that is a real world hunt for me:cool:...except many times I don't find the one sweet keeper like you did:)

At a lot of my sites I will work my butt off for hours...and might be lucky to dig 5 targets...4 of them being junk...but sometimes get lucky and see that one keeper pop out.

This is a GREAT post and shows people that there are still some nice targets out there if your willing to work hard enough ..and you're lucky enough to have the coil pass over it.

Congratulations on the work you put in during all those hours...then getting your "just reward"...with a sweet half dime.

Looks like it was worth it 2 me! I went out Monday after a long hiatus trying to get my son back and all I got was a modern Rosie and a couple a wheaties but it was good though. You did good! :cheers:

I think part of that has to do with the SIZE, angle and depth of the target giveing you the 4-22. Ive gotten a few of those and they were lower cond... i think that maybe why they werent found previously. Mine read 7 or 8-26... but the little bit deeper one read 8-24. When you get into half dimes and unique coins out of the ground now those are finds. Way to go bud.... keep on swinging. I know it gets tuff to modivate yourself to hunt places youve hit before tons of time... but as you showed its the not so usual signals that need to be investigated.

Dew

It works this way because: even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...........:rofl:

Great find Ean.....

n/t

sangamon...when you least expect it is when it happens. Nice find

"Out in the middle of nowhere" just might give up another one sangamon.
What a pleasant surprise that must have been.

Nice find man!! That is sure one of my favourite coins to pop out of the ground!!! Keep searching!

it sounded EXACTLY like the 2 shotgun shells i had already found that day, and that's what i had expected to turn up when i dug it.

i'm not sure of the angle, as it came up out of the first part of the plug, and i couldn't really ascertain its original position.

incidentally, i had an 1890 Indian Head Cent show 4-22 a couple weeks ago - at another site - and i was sure i was digging for a brass object

i think i'm getting the hang of it, at long last. time will tell