Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shoulder & Back Pain Require A Change In Detectors ...... :detecting:

SeniorSeeker

Hey There Everyone,

Several months ago, I purchased a Minelab X-terra 305 being that I have past experience with the x-terra line of detectors. The x-terra's are a deep seeking detector and very reliable, as well. My problem comes in that I have shoulder & back problems (which my chiropractor's & doctor's are working on) and I have difficulty swinging 3+ lbs of detector for more than an hour or so. With this is mine, I'm asking for your advice on what kind of detector could I go to that would be lighter, reasonably deep seeking, and reliable (worth the investment). I've researched several in the Bounty Hunter, Teknetics, Fisher, (1st Texas Lineup), as well as Tesoro. I still want to get out and enjoy the hobby and wonder if you all think going to a 2+ lb detector would be a good move. What's your thoughts?

I used a White's Hip Mount but since I am so short it was a chest mount for me but really liked it as it took the weight off my arm from tiresome swinging & put it on my chest--this way I could detect a long time & not get so tired except with my COPD & difficult in breathing I knew when it was time to quit but often detected beyond sanity! One thing though, I had to adjust to bending over or kneeling to dig, as I couldn't get on my knees, for if I got completely down I couldn't get back up but this was the same for me with any detector! { hope you can solve the problem & be able to get out doors & continue detecting & finding those goodies! Ma

SeniorSeeker said:
Hey There Everyone,

Several months ago, I purchased a Minelab X-terra 305 being that I have past experience with the x-terra line of detectors. The x-terra's are a deep seeking detector and very reliable, as well. My problem comes in that I have shoulder & back problems (which my chiropractor's & doctor's are working on) and I have difficulty swinging 3+ lbs of detector for more than an hour or so. With this is mine, I'm asking for your advice on what kind of detector could I go to that would be lighter, reasonably deep seeking, and reliable (worth the investment). I've researched several in the Bounty Hunter, Teknetics, Fisher, (1st Texas Lineup), as well as Tesoro. I still want to get out and enjoy the hobby and wonder if you all think going to a 2+ lb detector would be a good move. What's your thoughts?

I used and loved my minelab explorer 2 but with the sunray pinpointer it weighed 5 lbs. Ive had shoulder surgery so I feel your pain. I ended up getting rid of it and bought a garrett at pro with the double D coil. I know it doesn't go as deep as the minelab but at 2 1/2 lbs I can hunt much much longer.

Have a Jesus filled day
Greg in Michigan

Hmmmmm,the Tesoro's "Compadre" is a well rounded 8"--9.5" depth detector ,great with the 7" or 8" conc. coil @ around 2.2 -- 2.4 pounds:tesoro::thumbup:They are around $161.00 with life warranty.:clapping:It is great on coins & jewelry ,just find some videos and you will be surprised,the disc. is right on the money and loves gold.:)

n/t

Thank You All, for Your suggestions. After a lot of research on many different brands, of detectors, I finally decided to purchase the Teknetics Minuteman detector. It's very good with target separation, as well as having a 'On The Mark' pinpointer. It boldly gives the VDI numbers and has adjustments for sensitivity. It also has notch capability and can eliminate iron. It weighs about 2.4 lbs making it much easier to swing for several hours. So my Minelab X-terra 305 is up for sale. I spent quite a bit of time studying the Tesoro's and owned a Silver uMax previously but wasn't totally happy with it. If I were to buy another Tesoro, it would likely be the Cibola, as its 14kh and very good at finding gold. At some point, in the future, I may buy the Cibola anyway. For right now, I think the Teknetics MinuteMan will serve my purpose.