Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I have my cibola modded?

petew

I put up a post about the cibola I purchased, and its only a year old and looks new.I can have it delivered the way it is,or wait 2 weeks and have it modded with ground balance and trigger pinpoint.Is it really worth it to have it done?pros,cons?

I would say so , other wise you are fighting with one hand tied behind your back . Get all the power you can the GB makes a big difference in performance. of course you know it will void the warranty.

Personally, I wouldn't unless you're just needing the extra depth- I would just go to my worst area and set the internal gb and leave it alone. My reasoning is that the gb changes so much at each site you're never gonna be ideal, anyway. And, there have been articles, even a video showing that once set this way, the gb can be slightly changed by changing frequencies. But I am not that interested in extreme depth and realize everyone's different.

Some years back I was thinking about having my Troy Shadow X2 wired up with a manual GB pot but never did. My ground is pretty mild here and I ALWAYS keep the Troy Super 7" coil on the Shadow so once set for the most part I'm good to go. I did notice in the past when I would switch out coils on the X2 that a lot of times I would have to reset my ground balance so I quit doing that with the Shadow. If I ever need to use a different size coil I will usually take the Bandido which has the manual ground balance adjustment for easy detector/coil set-up. I understand everyone's needs/likes are different so good luck on your decision!

I've decided not to do the mod,I'm gonna try it and if it needs it I'll do it later.I chose the cibola over the vaquero for the purpose of not screwing up the ground balance,,thanks for the input

ground balancing my vaquero is such an easy thing to do and there are times when it does need a small adjustment from place to place. if you can follow basic instructions, balancing is easy. even step by step vids on youtube on how to do it. i would rather be able to adjust the GB than having it fixed.

I'm with jd66. If manual ground balance is wanted or needed I would chose a detector with that feature. I have manual ground detectors and presets both and in most of the areas I detect the presets work pretty well and I do have adjustable ground detectors in the arsenal if needed.
BB