Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I go for the 2500 or the 1350

This is kinda a follow up post on my earlier post about trading in one of my Tesoros for a Garrett. I'm torn between the 2500 and the 1350. I'm leaning towards the 2500 because it comes with a real nice package deal right now , but all of you 1350 users seem very loyal to your machines. I'm thinking of doing my deal in a few weeks so I still have time to consider my options. I'm still having a hard time deciding which of my three Tesoros to trade in for the Garrett. I'm guess I'm indecisive about everything except wanting to make a trade. Hopefully some helpfull advice can help me make up my mind. I appreciate everyone who commeneted in my last post. Thanks again and Keep em' Beepin , Tesoro-CoinShooter.

The package deal with the propointer and sniper coil that they are offering is pretty sweet. I bought a GTI 2500 about 2 months ago, I enjoy using it very much. It works great, pinpointing is super accurate, goes very deep. Good machine.

Go for the gusto - you only live once.

True All-Metal on the 2500 is a very useful feature too. If I were buying now, I'd get the 2500 with the Pro-Pointer, Sniper Coil and all the rest. The 2500 is quite heavy at over 4 pounds. I have no trouble on 3-4 hour hunts. Not sure about the weight on your Teseros. Profiling is a bit less sophisticated than imaging. John Edmonton has a good explanantion of that. I think it's John. He uses all the Garrett machines and so does Uncle Willy. I find their advice to be excellent.

Chris

The 1350 weighs in at 4 pounds. It is also available with a Pro-Pointer at this time but not the sniper coil.

Imaging is my favorite feature on my 2500.

They are both awesome machines, so either one you get, you cant go wrong. If you decide it aint what you want, you can resell it and get most of your money back and try a different one. Iam very partial to the 1350, I have also used a 2500, and and ace 250. Look at all of the features and see what you really want in a detector. Do you really need a detector to talk to you, maybe its your bag,, maybe its not.,, to me,, it would just draw attention from the bystanders, and thats not what I want.I am not a LOOK WHAT I GOT . kind of guy . do you really need to know what size the target is split into 5 different catagories, or is 3 enough. Is the extra size and weight of the imaging coil on the 2500 worth carrying around to get those 5 different sizes instead of 3. ? Do you want a true all metal mode or is an all metal mode in pinpoint enough? Do you want the capabilty to use the treasure hound eagle eye to look for large buried caches deep in the ground ? Do you need surface elimination to get rid of things right on top of the soil, or do you want to find everything? These are the basic differences between the 2500 and 1350. Just because one detector costs more and has more or different features than another, doers not mean it will be better than the other for what you want to do . You said you are a long time Tesoro user. I will tell you right now,, Garrett detectors DO NOT LIKE IRON!! .There will be times when you will do better going put the Garrett back in the truck and getting out your Tesoro. For deep detecting, in fairly low trash areas, with accurate target info, easy pinpointing, ease of use, and good ole fun,,Garrett is great. If you go somewhere and dont get many signals, , but you know there should be good targets theres a very good chance that the good targets are getting masked out by iron. Garretts operate at around 7 khz.. And they will find old silver coins and silver rings very easily. If I were looking for a gold ring, in alot of trash, I would probably grab my 14.7 KHZ Cibola. Different detectors do better at different things. I will tell you though, I wouldnt sell my 1350 for 1000.00 and thats alot more than I paid for it. Its just that good.

The 1350 is a great little machine but it ain't no 2500. You might as well go for broke and get the top dog of the line then you can hunt for anything anywhere.. :)

Bill

The new 2500s don't have Treasure Talk. Very good analysis and post.

Chris

Thanks for all your indepth advice. They both sound like sweet machines too me. The weight shouldn't be an issue for me because most of my hunts are usually only a couple of hours anyways , and if I do plan on a long one I can grab one of my lightweight Tesoros and keep going for hours. With all of your help I decided on keeping my Vaquero and Golden Umax and trading in my Tejon ( all three afore mentioned are Tesoros ) for the 2500. I'm going to trade the Tejon because I think it's more of a relic machine and I'm pretty much a coinshooter. I have trouble ground balancing the Tejon plus it doesn't handle trashy sites all that well. Like Steve said if I get the 2500 and I think the 1350 would be a better machine for me I can always resell the 2500 on a forum classified and get the 1350 instead. I know I'd loose some money in the deal , but being a musician for 23 years I'm sad to say that I'm pretty used to trading gear in and loosing money on it. I trade my Bass amplifier in every few years and take a beating every time I do. Unfortunately with detecting season winding down here in Northern Wisconsin I'm not sure if I have time to give the 2500 a few test runs before the weather gets too bad because I'm thinking of doing the deal next weekend. I'm going to trade in a 1877 Indian Head Penny to come up with the money for the trade. Thanks again for all of your helpfull advice. You Garrett users seem like a nice bunch of people on this forum. Happy Hunting , Craig.

Give us a review of your thoughts and comparisions between the Garrett and Tesoros once you get some swing time in with it.

I'd gladly give you my thoughts and comparisons between my Tesoros and my 2500 once I get it. Unfortunately I'm probably going to do the deal next weekend , and living here in Northern Wisconsin that won't probably give me enough swing time for in-depth comparisons. I'm just hoping to get some swing time in at all with my new Garrett once I get it. I haven't seen any of this "Global Warming" they talk about where I live. I'll keep you posted if I'm able to get any swing time with the 2500 , but I'll have to read up on it good and go through the learning curve of a new detector. At least I'm sure it's not as complicated as a Whites DFX. Thanks for your reply to my post. Keep em Beepin' , Craig

The 2500 is not at all as complicated as it might seem at first. I think it took me less than 4 hours to feel very familiar with mine but I had been using an ACE 250 prior to upgrading. You sound like an experienced detector. You should have no difficulties and if I were you I'd get out and swing it as mush as possible before Winter sets in. You'll have plenty of time to study after Thanksgiving.

Chris

Thanks for the advice and the chance to buy a used 2500 , but I already ordered one and I'm going tomarrow to trade in my Tesoro Tejon and pick up the new 2500. It was very kind of you to offer me to buy your used one. Thanks for the offer , but two days too late , plus I needed to trade in my Tejon because my Fiancee would wring my neck if I had four metal detectors. She thinks three are two too many the way it is. Thanks again , Craig