Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I get an AT Pro

How does everyone feel about their at pro's? I am seriously considering one for my first md, if not I will go with an xterra. Not sure yet.
Reading about the problems with the pinpoint turns me off though. I would be pretty hot if I finally got one and it was screwed up. Plus the warranty is nothing to write home about. lol

I have had the X-30,X-50,X-70 and the X-705,,,had lots of trouble with the X-50,,, took 2 trip back to the factory...
Their coil cost more money...

I love my AT pro and have not had one problem with it......
I think Garrett has a better warranty....
I dug more iron trash with the X's....

Don't get the AT pro and you will leave more for us to find...
Just my 2 cents,,,I have owned 2 E-T's and a V-3....
HH...Bj

Thank you John and BJ for your input.
I am still in research mode aka watching youtube videos, etc. lol I love the look of the xterra 705 (need to find a good used one) and i've read qutie a bit of good on the at pro but also some negative. urghh!

Yes, I really like my detector I found a ring the first full day I had it!

I had an Xterra 705 as my first detector before upgrading to my ETrac. I got an AT Pro a few months ago to use as a back up for my ETrac when the weather sucks. The AT Pro is really sweet! I took it out a few times and it hits REALLY GOOD on coins! My GF uses it when we go out and she found some great stuff at some impressive depths. I am a Minelab die-hard, but Garrett did a great job with the AT Pro.... really!

Every model out there has a certain percentage number of returns and the AT-Pro line runs about the same percentage. It just happens to be selling way more detectors then the other lines so on a purely percentage basis it just looks like they are problematic. All things electronic will have issues at times. You think detectors are bad try black boxed, system integrated marine electronics!

Hi T4P
I have had mine for about 6 months now, I'm still learning a lot about my AT Pro, but I can honestly say from my "extensive" researching before I bought mine, you can't beat it for what you get right out of the box. It does perform very well.

I haven't had "any" of the problems recently mentioned here, and I bought the latest serial number stock that was available back in October.

Mine performs very well in any weather condition (rain, snow, cold (-5 C) or sun). I have dug items that were about 1/4" in diameter down as far as 11" (or more) but safely speaking here, we will say 11". I made a video of this one but my editing skills aren't the best so it's going to take some time to upload it.

I like Garretts way of thinking as well. They give you something you can "actually" use right out of the box instead of having to buy more accessories just to make the MD work properly in a certain area like other companies do. I can hit a nail every 1" apart and still pick up a good target in between that (which I have done many times) using the stock coil, my other ML detector was as slow as molasses in recovery speed.

Having said all that T4P, their are great metal detectors out their no doubt about it, but you just can't beat Garretts price for what you get (a great turn on and go, fast performing machine right out of the box).

Just my 2cents for what it's worth T4P, I'm very happy with mine and it's put the "fun" back into metal detecting.:)

Way the options, bugs are all out of it(problems) I feel and the performance is unbelievable. YoU WILL NOT REGRET IT!! JMO

Yes Yes & Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been doing this since the early 1960's & have used most every kind of detector in my time & I love the ATPro with all 3 coils along with the Pro pin pointer.I use to write & do cover photos for several treasure mags. Was friends with Mel Fisher. We used Garrett sea hunters mostly on the 1715 fleet. Garrett will take care of you.

I really like my AT Pro. I have used it enough now, that I'm on my third, or maybe fourth set of batteries. During use through the first set of batteries, I thought "What have I gotten into with this machine". See, I was used to the sounds of my GTI 1500 and/or my ACE 250. I jumped right into the AT Pro in pro mode and it sure was sounding different than I was used to. But I layed in there with it and now I know what it is telling me and I like what it is saying becauses I am finding more silver than ever, especially since I started using the 5X8 DD. Can't say a word about the xterra, good or bad, but all I have is praise for the AT Pro!!! And the price is right comparatively speaking. Can't wait to see what else Garrett has up their sleeve.

Hello
Do not hesitate, yesterday with my AT PRO Garret, a piece coin of aluminum 15 mm (0.059 ") hunted to 20 cm (7.87") on dry land surrounded by sheets of soda completely.
a greeting

I had problems pinpointing at first, but the problems were with me not the AT Pro. Once I figured out the techniques for using a DD coil I can usually get the target centered. I've had my AT Pro for 15 months and have found 64 rings including two diamond engagement rings and a state championship tennis ring (returned).

I really don't think these Forums are worth much for a metal detector purchase for many reasons. I have always preferred to go to a dealer where I can compare different detectors and brands, get to use them, judge the weight and balance and look at the quality of the build.I't involves some driving but you talking serious bucks here so I think it's worth it. Iv'e never been disappointed with a MD purchase. HH