Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SHOULD CHRISTIANS CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN

I used to when my children were small and dressed up in costumes but that was before I received the full dose of baptism full of God's love and forgiveness, so now I don't and don't believe we should join in with ghosts, goblins, witches and the dark side of life! I am in-love with Jesus and do not want to offend Him, so NO I don't take part in Halloween and haven't since the early 80's when I rec and accepted Jesus completely in truth by faith as my Savior and Lord and OH, how Wondrous and faithful He is! Amen! :angel: Ma

No! It's a pagan holiday and has no place in the life of a child of God. Having said that, I believe this is an opportunity for Christians to minister to non-believers and or those wanting to participate in the celebration of the holiday. This can be accomplished by having get-togethers at your church, your Christian school, or your home & inviting all the children & their parents that live within your local neighborhood.

No, I personally do not believe Christians should celebrate or participate in Halloween. I used to do a lengthy teaching on the meaning of Halloween and all of the things associated with it. I was invited to teach at surrounding churches during this time of year. I haven't taught on the subject in a long time but maybe it's time to dust off my notes and start doing it again.

Lisa

We have always had a Harvest Festival at church. That being said, we have always allowed Loren to dress up as long as she wasn't anything scary or satanic. We then chauffer her around to family members home and they all enjoy seeing the children dressed up. Loren is girly girl, so for her, the day is about dressing up and getting to wear a costume that we worked on together. This year she decided she wanted to be a peacock, so we went to the craft store and bought feathers and fabric. As we were checking out, I was handing over my debit card and I suddenly thought how RIDICULOUS to be spending money we don't need to spend on a day that Travis and I both loathe. If we have to put stipulation after stipulation on this day to feel remotely comfortable with it, something is wrong :( Stay tuned....

This is a pagan event and, very sad to say, this awful American thing has come to Australia.

It is of course promoted by business, by greed, and they will pursue anything to make a dollar.

I am not anti-American by any means, but I do wish that you had kept this horrible thing to yourselves.

I am glad to see strong words against it.