Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should be a fun night. Our Nor-easter just arrived.The

George-CT

ground got covered quickly, winds jump right up to around 28 mph. It's just off shore so it has all the moisture it needs to feed it.. The faster it moves away from us the better. Depending on where you are in the state, anywhere from 1 to 4 inches and hour. Most of the neighbors are out riding around the abandoned roads on quads and snow machines. Cops don't bother them in the storms as they help other people out etc. Once it stops, you get caught your get a ticket. I was liking this clear ground in December. If it stays a nice dry snow, I'm golden, it it gets wet, then I have a lot of work for tomorrow. Most the wet snow turning to ice is our problem here on the hill. It can remain like there here until late March. The last few years our January thaw has been pit-t-full.

Got all my wood inside for tomorrow, split and read to go in. My furnace here uses the furnace ducts for distrubition of our heat so I will back it about 11:00 pm tonight just incase we loose power. With out the blower, those ducts get pretty warm even though they are pitched like they suggest. Have a generator here, but its not auto start so I just wait till morning. Having build this place for electric heat it don't cold off to fast at all. usually in 12 hours I can be at 70 and drop to 60 to 62 overnight. We are way off the road, and the only one on this line so they don't get to us till everyone else is back online. I guess thats the price for being in the back forty. I'll pay it any day.
Love it back here.

Got the Christmas gifts all bought for the grand kids. Should be and easy week ahead. Kinda goes like this, Feed wood stove, drink coffee and hot chocolate, beef or venison stew, and eggnog. In between, snacks of thick bread and honey. I can do 3 months of this no problem.

Oh the weather out side is frighful, ta da daaa....... Good night all. 3 dog night here.

George-CT

We are kinda tucked away in the boonies also, which is perfect! If i was 25 years younger i would be further into the woods than Mike:biggrin:
Nice that you have the wood heater hooked to the furnace ducts! The best way to go for sure.
I seldom have to use my generator, last time was 2 years back and only one day. 5 years back though when i did not have one our power was out for 6 days, thankfully a friend had a spare and on day 3 we were back getting the freezers and fridge cooled down.
With a propane cook stove and the woodstove we are good for a long time.

Yep its stew time and those sweet lil Bambi's that trashed our fruit trees, blueberries, apples and roses are now in serious danger cause its cool enough to hang meat now:biggrin:

Raining and the ground is clearing... I will take this anytime.

Calm seas

Micheal

We are the same.. The generator is wired into the mains [we have not needed it yet... but better to be prepared], the 3 propane bottle are filled and we have enough firewood to last for several years.

Now, the weather has been gorgeous of late and I can take that all year.. :):

fair winds

Micheal