Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt in the rain yields silver and other treasures

broadestpower

Yesterday I went for a couple hour hunt with the Ace 350 . The rain started so my digging towel soon became a control protector. I didn't let the rain end this hunt and soon had my first interesting find of the day a Japanese coin
5 Yen, I believe. I was close on silver in the baseball field with a 1968 quarter. I covered an area close to the size of about 3/4's of a foot ball field before picking up and potentially leaving. I had to try one last spot before calling it a night.
The forecast was calling for rain for the next two days. The basketball courts were my intended target on my way out. This is a high trash area and can be difficult to detect. Initially I was right on the edge of the court but, that was driving me crazy with all the beeps. I moved away from the court by about ten feet and I found a wheat penny so I was cautious to scan this area carefully.The second beep was a mercury dime 1944. This for me is a first, to land a wheat penny and use this as a tool to find silver. George S

n/t

Excellent finds George, congrats!

I will go on a misty rain , but not in a steady rain.The Ace 350 Garrett control box is not water proof I take a plastic bag and put it over the top the control box but if I'm with out of plastic bag I'll use the rag that I'm using to spread out the soil if it gets bad enough and I'll cover the control box with the rag of course. If the rain comes down hard enough I' ll just call it a day!