Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short detecting story

I thought I would duplicate one of my old posts from my detecting days in Monterey....enjoy
Rick

I got out for a few hours to get some detecting in at my favorite beach. Not a lot of action...just some clad and a swim fin. So I moved to another spot above the ocean and worked the treeline. My first hit turned out to be an old sample lipstick tube (2nd I have found like that) then the quarters started popping up and I found an earring.
The unusual stuff came next with an aluminum whatsit, key tag, lapel pin, 1979 rabies tag and a major's oakleaf rank insignia. My total coin count for the day was 120 (broke 100 again !)
Picture #4 is the whatsit....any idea what this one is?...large end is threaded on the inside and small end is cut like a penny whistle.
The weather was outstanding..beautiful views...otters lazing in the cove...waves lapping gently on the shore...I didn't have to remind myself why I live here..but as I gazed out to sea, I couldn't shake the idea that somewhere out there was a diver swimming in slow circles...

PB060081.jpg

n/t

It would be different, one of a kind, right? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)