Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short 3 hour hunt between rains. A few buttons.

TNreb

Had just a few hours to hunt as I had a small window between storms. Found several nice goodies. Got two Eagle "I" cuff buttons, a button back, three brass shells, rivet, friction primer, piece of a bayonet, shell frag and what I think may be a scabbard tip. Need help on that one. I think my best find was a General Service Staff cuff button. When I dug it the shank was up and when I recovered and turn over I could have swore it was a CS button as it was a dome button unlike the Eagle buttons. So during my excitement I made a rookie mistake. I tried to clean to see if the wings were facing down. That is when a piece of the rim came apart. I stopped right there and put it in my padded case. I usually don't clean in the field but the excitement got to me. The area was a Confederate artillery site and 1850's college.

That looks like another exciting day of hunting to me........:clapping:

Interesting assortment ; nice finds. :thumbup: CCH