Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shoppin' today

NEVER get a 10 year old something that you wouldn't want to use yourself.......:rofl:

Ok...I'll be serious for a minute, since I have a 10 year old...:surprised: He needs the least complicated and the lightest detector he can handle. Don't make the mistake of him perceiving :detecting: as work or that he is somehow failing to grasp the principles of , it has to be made [size=x-large]FUN[/size] for him. Nurture that aspect and if he really gets into to it and masters the FUNdamentals then trade up to one with more of the bells and whistles. Make sure he finds some treasures even if you have to seed a tot-lot with some of your hard found clad for his benefit!

Emphasis is make it FUN for him.

If he would rather put the MD down and play on the swings, or if he would rather do his homework:rofl: than go:detecting: he ain't ready for hardcore :detecting: just because you want him to, let that be his decision, or you will both be frustrated as :rant:.

Thanx Quarter. Good advise. Sometimes I can get a little pushy and impatient. It should be fun and rather easy at first. Thank you for the info.

[size=large]i have to think the Ace 250 would be the perfect training machine. next most important is time and patience. his attention span will increase as soon as he finds a nice target. i would just be there and let him do all the work/ learning.

HH[/size]

Consider seeding some playground or schools with coins to keep the enthusiasm and attention span. A 10 year old not finding any targets after 10 minutes will want to do something else. :)

Give him the Tesoro Compadre which is super light. I know it is a different brand but the aces are too heavy for a ten year old . That is my opinion. Thank you and regards.

I started my boys all out on the ace series,they still use them and they are adults now.so do you live in tehachapi? I used to live in Lancaster and went to tehacahapi 3 or 4 times a week for my dental lab. Got tiredvof the est race and moved back home to Idaho,but I always loved going up there,4 seasons for sure!

Kids like FLASH, and a detector with no screen is gonna wind up in the closet fast...The Ace 150 or 250 would be the machine to get...
Also, I have seen kids get turned off by peer preasure if their friends see them with big headphones over their ears...kids are cruel to each other...
Keep the phones small and lightweight...

HH,

Yes I do live in Tehachapi. My wife was born and raise here. I'm a transplant from the Air Force.
:compass:

And make sure you teach him the code of ethics.