Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shhhh, don’t tell my wife , I finally got an 800

bootyhoundpa

Picked up a new 800 yesterday and glad I did as my dealer is soon going strictly to online sales...after a half hour crash course in the shop and watching countless utube videos I’m itching to give it a go.. my only problem is figuring out how to disguise it to look like one of my existing units so the wife don’t get suspicious..lol.. I’ve been lurking on this forum for months so I think I have a good rudimentary understanding but only time in the field will tell for sure...

Ah just sell your old detector that’s what I did then tell her it’s great at finding gold rings which it is...Good luck
The nox is a great detector

Bootyhound, it's been great reading your posts. You were a good guy.......Lol. Best of luck to you with the new Nox.:goodnight:

Are you seriously thinking you can hide anything from the wife? You might want to find that BIG diamond ring sooner than later........ before she goes on HER shopping spree. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to keeping a secret from the spouse......dont be that guy in recliner with the deer in the headlights look when she says....... so you got a new detector?

Mkus said:
Ah just sell your old detector that’s what I did then tell her it’s great at finding gold rings which it is...Good luck

Yeah, just give your wife any jewelry that you find. She will love your new detector!

MassSaltH2O said:

Yeah, just give your wife any jewelry that you find. She will love your new detector!
Lol I just found a diamond sapphire ring 14k of course it fits the wife!!!

So, how much is it worth to keep your secret? :rofl: I'm sure I could be persuaded to NOT tell your wife.... $$$$$ :laugh:

I had mentioned to my eldest son that I had considered a new eTrac. My wife called my son and asked him how she could get one for me for Christmas. I had to tell her do not do that as it was just me thinking out loud. But my brother in law told her that I wanted one of those firearms that liberals hate so that is what I got for Christmas

When I purchased a new firearm I always just carried it into the house and if she asked I just said this old thing?

LOL, detectors and guns.... once you have enough, the wife cant tell the old from new!

It helps to have a wife that has NO interest in detecting and the things that may or may not go with it...though she does find it impressive(from her well formed roost on the couch) when I show her something 1800s or big silver...or both. Other than that....she couldn’t possibly care less.

Omg,you guys are too much hahaha... I did get out for a few hours shallow freshwater hunt .. couldn’t get WiFi to sync with headphones,not sure exactly why but I’m sure it was operator error..had to just rely on external speaker.... this thing is a different animal all the way around however .. I hunted mostly in field mode 40khz as I was looking for tiny stuff..surprisingly it did an excellent job ignoring ferrous targets and really ran smooth.. I actually managed one of those personalized name pendants which might be gold...

Mkus said:

Lol I just found a diamond sapphire ring 14k of course it fits the wife!!!

Mkus, you're kidding, right? Btw, don't worry about fit. The wives will have no problem having rings resized if they want to wear them, lol.