Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

She said, "You actually have to dig it after your detector beeps?"

imi_wakaranai

I was discussing some of my latest finds with my Japanese female co-worker. She asked how does metal detecting work. So I explained the process of hearing a beep, then you can check the display, and then you decide whether or not to dig out the item. She then asked, "You actually have to dig it after your detector beeps?" I laughed and said "of course you have to dig it out." She then said that she thought there was a button on the detector that once pushed would suck the item out of the ground, through the coil, up the rods, and it would end up in a container in the control box. She was serious...

That's what I was thinking.

Yeah, or maybe just have an "enter" button so it keeps a tally of the coins, so you dont have to dig them, yet you can still brag about how many you found!
Mud

I had a detector that sucked!

Lol Jason,that's weird and may be cause for us fellers to "cut some slack" to our "blonde" lady friends. (couldn't resist, Ladies, sorry) HH Charlie

I don't know, the Japanese are great at improving things. That tale about when the US sent the smallest drill bit ever made, to Japan...they drilled a hole in it and sent it back.

It works on tv, it may work metal detecting! I'm in!

The japanese really have such a metal detector,,, it's called "everybody wang chung tonight".

You should tell your co-worker, " I want you to have a full understanding of how a metal detector works..... I'll pinpoint, you dig" :)

My co-worker friend mentioned above is also very intelligent. She just doesn't have a clue about MDing.
Mtnmn said:
I only have one Japanese woman friend and she is probably the most intelligent woman I know.

Metal Detecting whats that ? LOL :rofl:

Imi: Realize you meant no harm by your statement. In regards to my Japanese woman friend, she is also probably the nicest person I've ever met. Very thoughtful, very kind, very curious and always wanting to learn something new....