Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shaft Parts

CDDZ

Hoping someone can help me out with some info. I have a source for affordable 7/8in carbon fiber tubing. I recently purchased an Infinium and absolutely hate the POS shaft that it comes with. Does anyone know where I can get a good handle for the shaft and possibly an arm cuff. I am thinking I can build a one piece carbon fiber shaft for just around $100, I have access to machine shop to machine the coil clevis. I want to try and keep it as light as possible. Doing the math the shaft tube alone should weigh 1/2 pound. Your input is greatly appreciated.
Chad

Hmm, search function working now... should have checked my spelling a bit better. Will post pictures when I have it all done :)

There is a fellow on eBay called rods_by_plugger that makes Infinium rods although he uses anodized aluminum. Try this link http://cgi.ebay.com/Balanced-Shaft-Garrett-Infinium-New-Lower-Rod-/300499592640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f72be5c0#ht_500wt_1156

I checked those out, they look nice. I found all the information I was looking for. Have the parts on order :)

Decided to go with carbon fiber handle as well, scored a set for $27 at a local bike shop. These things are light!
Total cost of the project, excluding shipping is now $127. Shipping alone is a total of $35 between whites and the carbon fiber shaft manufacture, would be nice to have some of these items local. The holiday's really throw a wrench into shipping times :(