Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings?

Detector_Pat

I have had my Explorer II for about a year now but have not used it as much as I should be. I am wondering how many of you Explorer users use the advanced settings? Is there that much of an advantage? I have been using mine more lately but have not used the advanced setting much. At this time, I am not much interested in ferrous targets but more older coins, and wondered if I would do better in the advanced setting, ie, reject, accept, etc. Anyway...happy detecting to all....Pat

too many coins being discriminated in that narrow amount of acceptance. I would recommend at least an Iron Mask -10 setting.
-12 would be better but start with -10 and go from there. The only time I would reject a little area of the screen is if one particular junk target was coming up hundreds of times and driving you crazy, like maybe rusty crown caps in the bottom right corner.
JMHO
Neal

Hunting with coins and jewelry ticked in the "select" feature works pretty well and misses few if any coins. Simple and effective.

If you realy want to excel, give IM-16 w/ ferrous tones a try. Let you ears be your discriminator. Deep coins can hit quite a bit left of where you would expect them, and if you are running a stock disc pattern, you could be missing a lot. If you are in an area w/o too much trash, try digging everything that doesn't ID as iron. I have found many old buttons and some coins that would have been disc'd out by settings other than IM.

On iron infested sites i have found coins on edge at 6 inches deep using iron mask , i agree it does enhance the coin signals.