Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings tips for fresh water anyone?

mattysiam

Hi All,

Have a CTX which is out of action right now, so I’m using the Mrs’s Equinox 800. To make a change from beaches, I’ve started having a crack at waterfalls, and the water down stream. Can’t find any info re settings for waterfalls, so would be grateful if anyone here has any mode / settings tips please for fresh water, with rocky areas, sand and gravel too.

So far 10 rings in two outings, way better than my beach ratio.

Thai is in advance ;)

treat freshwater hunting the same as land hunting.

I don't think there are any magic settings for it but I found myself liking the Park 1 base setting, then bumping the iron bias up to around 2, then backing my sensitivity down to no higher than 15.

The problem I was running into was small split shot sinkers, and micro pieces of junk that would fall through my scoop. So I backed the sensitivity down to help with that. In the river in most cases you aren't using a scoop anyway but the same thing would apply to not wanting to waste time chasing after micro junk.

mattysiam said:
Hi All,

Have a CTX which is out of action right now, so I’m using the Mrs’s Equinox 800. To make a change from beaches, I’ve started having a crack at waterfalls, and the water down stream. Can’t find any info re settings for waterfalls, so would be grateful if anyone here has any mode / settings tips please for fresh water, with rocky areas, sand and gravel too.

So far 10 rings in two outings, way better than my beach ratio.

Thai is in advance ;)
!0 rings in 2 outings I think they should be asking you for settings :clapping: Don't touch a thing just keep on swinging!
Jeff