Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings question

petew

Has anyone ever used andys coin pattern,and goes forevers settings? On a prior etrac I had I just used stock programs.i just received a new to me etrac,and am looking to get more involved with the menu settings with this one...I only have a iPad so I can't load programs,but I can make them from looking at them.Any help on my question about andys coin pattern and goes forevers settings is appreciated.
Thanks,Pete

I use a Modified version where the Ferrous is opened up to FE 27. I use this every day and every hunt. All these folks that tell you that you are missing coins are spending too much time digging junk. You will lose one type Indian Penny that is rare and one gold Coin that is even more rare that will be Discriminated out. All those pull tabs and junk will have you frustrated and just take up all your hunting time. Use the Discrimination the Etrac thrives on it. Open up Nickles from 12 to 15 Conductive Open up 32 to 48 Conductive. Ferrous on nickles from 10 to 15 or so. On the Pennies go all the way up with a straight line and all the way down to 27. Don't forget Silver Dollars hit at 01-43 Close up the far right corner. I can see no loss of depth by running Discrimination on the Etrac. You do need to have the higher Ferrous numbers to pick out Coins next to Nails.

Hope this helps. I dug a 1907 Indian today that was laying next to a Nail that read 01-36.

I agree with you daddy flea about using the discrimination,that's where all the money for these units is,,paying for that great discrimination.ill give your setting a try,I've been using goesforevers settings and the stock coin programs.found some silver dimes,and a few other cool things...I have a x8 coil along with the stock,I put the x8 on today and will run it over the weekend...I like the etrac a lot,I just really never gave the prior one a chance,and it was new.This one is in good shape,but older Ireland made.thanks for the tip!!!