Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

settings question

petew

My e Trac Will be here tomorrow according to tracking.I had a se pro,wasn't great with it but understood it,settings.how hard is ttf to set up?and I like to use 3 tones also,not on ttf obviously, but one for iron,gold,and silver with a mostly open screen.is that possible? Thanks

The Etrac does not have 3 tones. TTF is explained in detail at the beginning of this forum by Goesforever. It is the go to settings for me being a relic hunter most of the time. The only setting I change from time to time is Deep On and Fast Off is the area is not trashy.
Good luck
Sean

DIGGER-SEAN-N-VA said:
The Etrac does not have 3 tones. TTF is explained in detail at the beginning of this forum by Goesforever. It is the go to settings for me being a relic hunter most of the time. The only setting I change from time to time is Deep On and Fast Off is the area is not trashy.
Good luck
Sean
He is right ! ' Two tone ' is what TTF stands for. However, you can use 4 tones, but I do like two tone ferrous TTF as it keeps it simple with high tones as good stuff and low tones as iron. The versatility of the E-Trac was what makes it such a great detector to have!

Why do you SE guys insist on using 3 tones?

Try using 4 tone ferrous when you get the eTRAC, i use it a lot in iron riddled areas. TTF, 4TF or multiTF is as easy as bringing up the menu...only a couple seconds worth of finger pressing. You can also select 2, 4 or multi tone conductive from the menu.

Open screen is absolutely no problem with the eTRAC. Either create a custom pattern all open or maybe only with some iron discriminated out OR use open screen Quick mask. There's also a stock all metal pattern option you can easily bring up from the menu which is basically an open pattern.

Well,got the e Trac today and boy is it nice to swing. Not at all heavy.yeah,I'm gonna try ttf tomorrow, if it don't rain. Thanks to everyone who helped

And to answer the three tone question,it's ez to use three tone,iron is a grunt, gold and aluminum Is medium and coins are high tone.

petew said:
And to answer the three tone question,it's ez to use three tone,iron is a grunt, gold and aluminum Is medium and coins are high tone.

If you use Two Tone Ferrous or TTF with an open screen, iron is a low grunt and any non-ferrous target is a high tone, then gander at the ID to see if its worth digging. Occassionally deep non-ferrous targets will swing into the ferrous grunt depending on soil or any nearby iron junk.

Four Tone Ferrous or 4TF is even better in iron infested areas also using an open or partially open screen. 4TF allows hunting more by tone than TTF.

4TF;
Lowest tone = solid Iron target,
Medium hi-low tone = iron nearby either aluminum/ gold/ copper/ or some deep target, (these are usually wild swinging IDs depending on soil and sweep direction),
Medium hi tone = copper/ aluminum/ gold/ small silver,
Hightest tone = Large silver or large anything target.

Don't get no more simpler than that!

Thank you very much,that's what I've been asking.took the Etrac out for an hour in my yard,just to try it a little.few wheat pennies,but fun.thanks