Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings for GT?

bobwt

I just bought a GT and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some settings to get me started. I have used my dads excal quite a bit so I assume the settings would be similar. Thanks in advance!

This is what I would recommend to begin with.
Volume all the way up and adjust the volume you are comfortable with the headphones.
Disc at off or maybe around the 10 o'clock positron as you will not get iron and maybe get less nulling.
The notch also off position so you will hear less nulling and hear all above the disc setting and use your ears for the disc of the tones.
Sensitivity control all the way counter clockwise until it clicks for auto sensitivity to help learn the GT as you will have a smoother threshold. After you know it well than the manual sensitivity will be what you want to use and most run between the 12-10 o'clock positron.
The one toggle switch at disc with iron mask on, the one of the others in pinpoint position as this switch only works in all metal so when you switch to all metal you will be able to pinpoint your target.
I also recommend the threshold over the silent search so I can tell if I am going to fast plus the change in tones of the threshold can tell me deeper targets.
Threshold control I set while in all metal pinpoint to a slight hum if you want to run silent search, but if like me want to run the threshold then it can be adjusted in disc instead to a slight hum while the coil is in the air.
Now you can just swing the coil slow and listen for the tone ID and when you want to pinpoint your target all you have to do is flip the disc iron mask on to all metal as the other toggle will be in pinpoint already. As I say the pinpoint/ track and lock is only activated while in all metal so when you switch to all metal it is already in the pinpoint mode.

If you used a Excalibur before this GT will be about the same.

If any other questions be sure to ask as we have a great bunch here with some great experiences with the Sovereigns.