Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings for coin hunting problem

jsmorleymxt

I know this has been beat up beyond anything. But I can only find a few people who actually give full details on their setup for coin hunting.

I run mine in Park 2. 5 tones. And have my zones set up for coins only. Plus changed the pitch of all five zones. So only coin zones make a audible sound.and each zone a different volume too. Running on speed 5. And sensitivity at between 20-25. Depending on location. Also have also have FE around 2. I do noise canceling and ground balance each time.

MY QUESTION. Every one saying this machine slams on coins. I don’t see that at all. My Fisher F75 Ltd. seems to hit all coins way better and harder. What am I doing wrong with my set up? Or anyone have any suggestions? I know this EQUINOX 800 has got to be better on The coin and jewelry hits. But I’m just not hearing it. And yes I have installed the update

Registered 10 yrs. and this is your first post so you consider it pretty important---and it is!------Looking at your settings---they are almost a mirror of mine and my E800 is performing well.------Suggestions: try NOT ground balancing & see what happens.-----Minelab states g.b. isn't necessary for typical park hunting.----Also, try setting response to 6 or 7.-----Try setting FE at 0.-----Try these things & see what happens.-----Might not make any difference but it's worth a try.-----If a "no go"---try re-installing the update.

Double check your volume settings on both the detector and your headphones.
I run 50 Tones with the iron range at volume 5 just enough to hear and the nonferrous range at max volume 25.

Bryan

Any chance you live near anyone who also runs an Equinox, who you could meet up with for some comparison? I'd be glad to, if you lived nearby...

Steve

jsmorleymxt said:
I know this has been beat up beyond anything. But I can only find a few people who actually give full details on their setup for coin hunting.

I run mine in Park 2. 5 tones. And have my zones set up for coins only. Plus changed the pitch of all five zones. So only coin zones make a audible sound.and each zone a different volume too. Running on speed 5. And sensitivity at between 20-25. Depending on location. Also have also have FE around 2. I do noise canceling and ground balance each time.

MY QUESTION. Every one saying this machine slams on coins. I don’t see that at all. My Fisher F75 Ltd. seems to hit all coins way better and harder. What am I doing wrong with my set up? Or anyone have any suggestions? I know this EQUINOX 800 has got to be better on The coin and jewelry hits. But I’m just not hearing it. And yes I have installed the update

Are you notching out between the "coin" zones. Just for grins try an all factory settings mode after a reset, any one of the first 4 and see if coins sound different. Just wondering if your blocking part of the signal?
Jeff

Absolutely FR, then update.

Bought my 600 in August. Ran around very happy with 1.5 program having come from an F70 the NOX was a natural crossover machine as to me both are similar.

Then the 1.75 program came out. I tried it, but it made the pinpoint way off and my numbers got jumpy and tones were not as strong as I knew they should be. So I can see that if you just bought your Nox and went right to the update without much experience on the machine where you would get the inclination that it's inferior to the Fishers. I uninstalled the update and went back to the 1.5 for a few more months.

Flash forward to about 3 weeks ago. I had read enough posts and threads where people said do an FR then the update, so I gave it a try. BOOM, that was it. I'm loving 1.75 now and it's stable as a rock and I've found 2 Indians I missed on a small parcel of land I thought I killed with my F70 and Nox 1.5.

Just for haha's I did the FR, then the 1.75 install, then FR again, then put in all my trusted settings.

Ok. First I did the FR. then I took off the 1.75 program. Put it back to the 1.5. Then did the FR again. And put the 1.75 program back on it. Set up all my advanced settings like before. Only thing I changed was no ground balance. And BOOM. This machine does kick some pretty serious #%#. I’m not sure if it was the factory reset before update that did it. Or just the no ground balance. But yes the NOX 800. Is a hard hitter now. I took it out to s place that I have completely killed with my Fisher F75. And pulled out clad left and right. Even a silver pendent. Not sure what to say about that. But the last time a hit that spot with the 75. It was dry, not s single coin. I’m guessing this machine snakes around the trash targets and gives a clean signal on good ones.

Needless to say. THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT. Y’all saved the day.

Your making it harder than the settings have to be I run 5 tones no discrimination low iron bias and park 2
I have made unbelievable finds are you taking your time? Slow down biggest problem I see with most guys
Swing too fast