Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settings and repeatable readings

conlaodh

If I set up my Xterra 70 in all metal
Auto noise cancel
Auto ground balance
Tracking as needed to follow ground conditions
Max sensitivity as allowed by site conditions
Threshold set at 0 ?
Detecting in a park setting
I understand that for jewelry it can on your tone and vid, come in virtually all over the spectrum for gold, silver size etc., my question is for instance if you happen to be over a 14 k medium size gold ring or a small kids size silver ring should each individual target give a consistent reading as opposed to a pull tab that may give multiple tone and vid readings
Will individual jewelry usually give a repeatably tone and vid.
Please give me you insight
Thanks
Conlaodh

If it is clean ground, no mixed in trash or other targets, it is laying relatively flat and not so deep as to be at the edge of detection, then yes it will be consistent. The only other caveat would be highly mineralized ground.

HH
BarnacleBill

BarnacleBill said:
If it is clean ground, no mixed in trash or other targets, it is laying relatively flat and not so deep as to be at the edge of detection, then yes it will be consistent. The only other caveat would be highly mineralized ground.

HH
BarnacleBill
]

The one ring I have found with my X-70 gave a very consistent tone and it was only 3" deep.