Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sentimental journey..........

Lil Brother

Monday before last was Memorial Day. That morning John and Virginia along with Carol and I went to see my Aunt Nina who lives a couple of hours away in a town called Dequeen.

John and Virginia arrived there first, but Carol and I were hot on their tail. We got there right as lunch was being served. Virginia had brought meat loaf with all the trimmings and as soon as John and I took a quick stroll around the old house place, we went inside to eat.

We were in a room that Uncle Boodle had made himself. I was what looked to be a carport at on time, but with the addition of lots of windows in front and some exposed beams it was now a sunroom. The dining table was situated in this room and along with a lot of sunshine, we had some great conversation.

Uncle Boodle had died last year after 51 years of marriage to Aunt Nina. Our family s last trip to Dequeen was for their 50th anniversary. They had raised 2 grown sons in this house, Gary and Richard. Gary and his wife lived in Colorado and ran a Bed and Breakfast while Gary was getting ready to retire from the Sherman, Texas police dept.

After lunch John and I walked around the old home place again where it looked like Uncle Boodle had just walked away one day. I guess that he did, actually. He had fought with leukemia for years and it finally took its toll on him. He was my Daddy

home place again, and regret that I was unable to go with you all. Still, I have good memories from them, and that's not a bad thing at all. I will miss her! ILY, Linda

I would love to see some photos of the bird houses. If you do go back one more time, you really need to take your metal detector. Thanks for sharing this story and posting the photos, very enjoyable. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

but we all have to deal with it. I find myself looking around while driving and noticing the changes. Not many seem to be for the good.

My mother came out here from South Dakota in 1935 and I was talking to her about the old days recently. It came to me that she had only been here 4 more years than I had and even if I don't rememeber much about the early 40's I can easily remember the war.

I remember seening the soldiers and I can still remember, very clearly, the day the war ended.

Thinking back can be fun but it sure can be sad at times.

I really think that since the old home place is gonna be sold off and much of the stuff just dumped, I would contact her and tell her how you feel. She probably just never thought you would want any of it. You can bet that her mind was on other things too, seeing the old home place for the last time. She is old.

Tell her that Royal told you to call and ask about it and I bet you will get her blessing. If not, I will take all the blame

I am certain, as Royal said, that if you were to ask your Aunt about those items that you wish, she would let you have them. When her husband died, I am certain that a lot of her interest wavered on these things. Perhaps she does not want them around since they might remind her of him.

Just my humble thoughts... But if she knew how much you wanted them and valued the memories that will go with them, then Aunt Nina would be more than pleased to let you have them; maybe partly as a way of continuing he husband memory.

Gof Bles

All the best

M

Thanks for sharing that last look!

Dave

n/t