Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Senior Seeker Searching For A Furever Friend To Become A Hearing Service Dog

SeniorSeeker

A Message To My Friends,

My doctor has expressed interest in me getting a Hearing Service Dog. I'm very much in agreement with him but there's one little problem with his request. There's a four year wait to get a Hearing Service Dog from Paws. So I requested we fill out the necessary paperwork for a Emotional Dog (which doesn't require any training by Federal & MI State Law) & I will train the dog myself to become a hearing dog. When the training is done, I will contact the doctor and we will then fill out the paperwork for a Hearing Service Dog. My doctor agreed completely and I'm now in the process of looking for the 'right animal'. Here's how you can help me......

My preference for a dog would be a Border Collie, Australian Shepard, Standard Poodle, German Shepard or maybe a Labrador Retriever. The trouble is that few, if any of these breeds, are ever found in an animal shelter. There are Rescue's all over but those that have these particular breeds often have a long waiting list for potential buyers. My desired animal would be about 1+ years old. If anyone of you knows of a good dog - needing a furever home, please drop me a message and I will get back with you. Thank you all for your help in this search.

Praying for you to be able to find the dog you are looking for and that the training to be a hearing dog would go well and come out great for you and the dog! PTL that He is taking care of it even right now! Amen! :angel: Ma

Thanks Ma, Betty. Your prayers and faith mean a great deal to me. May our loving Heavenly Father continue to walk with you and yours until Jesus comes again.