Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

semesters over , I am detecting

Roman44

I was teaching sculpture classes at a Christian university in Michigan. Not leaving much time to metal detect. Now that it is over I am out digging alot. I have found the oldest coin so far. I will post the picture when I figure how to do so. Needless to say I almost had a heart attack when it was brought out of the ground. A beautiful 1877 quarter in wonderful shape, hardly any ware at all. If anyone wants to detect in Jackson , MI in this park let me know their is several hundred acres to search and more coins to find.

That is great! Did you know that Jamie is from over in Jackson? I did not know you were from MI. You are not that far from here. I would love to come over that way to meet and go swingin together!

a great oldie for sure - and in good shape. Glad you have time now to go out. I taught art & silversmithing in HS & jr college for a long time - included lots of sculpture also. Steve in so az

I detected with him early in the spring once. You told him about me, that was was great, because I had always detected alone. We searched an ols school yard and we both found silver. I found a large piece of iron, which quaulifies me for the iron brigade, I bieieve. I have noticed several people in Jackson have been starting up metal detecting. Just yesterday in the park I search which is 250 acres their was a young couple using a xlt and a dfx. They were not to good at covering their holes up. I would like to get in touch with Jamie and search the park. I have been real busy and feel bad that I have not contacted Jamie since our last hunt. He has Fridays off as I remember. But when I found that 1877 quarter I thought must be more .I am starting a new job third shift on monday so lets see what happens.

I would love to come over and try that park. I am always looking for a good challenge! Too bad about those folks that are not covering their holes well. They need a lesson in proper technique, or it will hurt the rest of us! :( As for the Iron Brigade, all you have to do is hunt with another member of the Brigade. You hunted with Jamie, ao you are all set! :) Keep in touch, maybe after we get some good rain, it would be good to hit that park?

Mike

Good to here from you. I just started taking a class at JCC. It has been keeping me very busy. I would love to get out with you. I have tomorrow and Tues. off. If you have time to do some swinging let me know.