Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Selling Coins

michae33

I have a question concerning selling coins to pawnies (pawn shop dealers). Any suggestions on how much I should be willing to sell a coin for under the grade price to a pawn shop dealer? So, for example, if I have a coin that is worth $80, would it be appropriate to sell it to a pawn shop dealer for $70 or maybe $60? So, what offer from a pawn shop dealer would be too low for me to except his offer for an $80 coin? Any suggestions would be nice, thanks!

Mike

I think if a pawnie offers you 50% of the value you're doing well. Keep in mind they will want to resell so they want to sell also at below 'catalogue' price. If you have a coin worth $80 and the pawnie buys for $30 - $40, they'd probably sell it for $60-$70.

'Just my guess...

cheers
snoopy

Check with a coin shop or two before the pawn brokers. A pawn shop should offer 50% or less of value probably less.

Jeff

I would NEVER sell a coin to a pawn shop if you truly have a coin that carries an $80 value, you will get the most on ebay........KEY is good quality closeups.

I buy coins on ebay with bad pictures, get them, re-take good quality pictures and re-list them and make a profit, it is ALL about pictures

I know I am a little behind the times with this response. But thought I would relay something told to my father. A friend of his was a pawn shop owner, actually owned about 10 of them. Dad asked him "Why do you offer so little on pawned items?" This was his reply "Sam, If I can't steal it from you for a ridiculous price I don't want it." He went on to say "If I offered $5 on a $10 item; after I clean it up and get it out on the floor for $9 and wait a month or six to sell for $8, I have only made $3.

Best explanation I have ever heard.
JustMy2Cents,
Jasin