Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Selector Switch

CDDZ

Hello all :)
Has anyone had issues with the on/tracking switch on the Infinium? When I click mine to lock then fast back to slow the detector will often turn off. When it turns off it may or may not do the battery test. It seems as if the bulkhead shaft is flexing too much. This thing has never been used, it is brand new. I took a look at the stem after removing the knob, it is made out of plastic!(the shaft) Is this behavior normal for the selector switch, or do I have to return it to Garrett before it ever sees the daylight?

Mine is the same. I have a custom straight rod so flex is not the problem for me. The detent (click in each position) seems to be weak at best. I go really slow when switching between low/lock/high. Fast rotation of the knob and I can miss the next position easily.

I have parts on the way for a one piece carbon fiber shaft :). The shaft flex I was referring to was in the switch detente. Wonder why Garrett did not use a stiffer material instead of using derlin. Derlin is self lubricating but has a good bit of flex when torque is applied axially. At least I am not the only one with this issue, makes me feel a little better. I was aware of the wobbling shaft issues, but read enough wonderful things about the performance of this PI machine to want one :)

We have a common friend I believe, Plugger. He put together a 3 piece Infinium straight rod for suitcase travel for me. Great shaft at a great price. I now have the stock shaft wobble free also. I bought Plugger's lower clamp off *Bay and fixed the upper shaft wobbles via shimming arm cup and new 'O' ring for upper rod. I have a nice assortment of 6/6 nylon hardware also. 1-1/2 Nylon thumb screws with screw driver slot, lock nuts, washers, wing nuts, and thumb nuts. Now I use the custom for the big 14 and the stock for the little 8 mono.

Same with me on the unit. Taking it out Nugget Shooting at Randsburg California tomorrow.

This was found in the area I search.....Click here!

I had the same problem, took mine in and got the knob replaced to one that clicks into place better.

The on/off should be separate from tracking IMO, you could put it on the threshold knob (there is a large margin of error on the Infinium threshold, making sure it stays in the same position is not necessary). Continually switching between tracking and lock is important when gold prospecting.

Putting the on/off on the threshold would have made more sense. Sometime engineers don't think of the end user :)

The engineer is a user...hes the one in the Infinium video.