Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seeking to metal detect to glorify God.......

dirtmaster

any ideas? I enjoy this hobby so much and I am thankful to God to give me such a simple pleasure to replace the stuff I used to do that took me away from Him. I used to be a recording engineer and I got so involved with it it became kind of an idol to me. He took it away but gave me this simple passion for metal detecting and I feel compelled to use it somehow to glorify Him. Has anyone got any ideas on how I can do that?

Maybe one thing we could do would be to take homeless children on our hunts with us? God knows there's orphanages filled with children that would love to have a day in the field searching for lost treasure. Or maybe there's a neighbor kid that doesn't have anyone to take interest in them that would enjoy a day in the field? Or.............maybe there's a retired person you know that would enjoy our hobby? Just some thoughts on how we can enrich the lives of others around us.

I will write down some ideas later. Hope you like the forum.
God bless.

Thanks to everyone. I will never miss an opportunity to talk about God when I can. I feel really blessed that God allows me to have a good hobby such as this and to enjoy it everytime I go out.

[size=x-large]Matthew 13:44 New International Version (NIV)[/size]
The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl

44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."