Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second time out with EQ 600 - and a FIRST :super:

NY Beach

I've had the EQ 600 for about a year but haven't really gotten out....
Today was my second time at the beach.

This is my first gold chain in 10 years detecting - it was about 6" down in the wet sand. Beach 1 program. 14K yellow and white at 28 grams...and 14K earring 1 gram.

DIG those signals that come in at 1 and 2. Both these were repeatable signals - they sounded real clean and were showing 1/2...

Nice Find! that's a good chunk of cash if you sell it I just sold a 11.5 gram ring for $250.00

Congrats on the find! This is one of those cases of why it was a wise decision on purchasing the Equinox! Finding chains are going to be now a regular thing & not uncommon. Good job!

Joe Black said:
Congrats on the find! This is one of those cases of why it was a wise decision on purchasing the Equinox! Finding chains are going to be now a regular thing & not uncommon. Good job!

Thanks. I've been an excal user all those other years and it's delivered its share of gold rings...but honestly I was shocked when I spread out the scoop and saw the clump of yellow...you know it's the EQ from here on out. Bottlecaps - starting to know what they are - the bouncing around numbers is the first telltale sign...

My thoughts are exactly! Yes, it offers more chances on small gold ,especially chains. Excalibur & Sovereigns are still a superior machines but, Equinox has helped on finds that we’re more difficult recover. You are also right on the bottle cap situation. You get better on how to identify them.

I've found more gold in one years time that I've had it compared to my other machine which I sold nox only for me good job on the chain ..

Mkus said:
I've found more gold in one years time that I've had it compared to my other machine which I sold nox only for me good job on the chain ..

Thank you...I'm in agreement. Just put the 2 piece carbon fiber rod on it. Feels great!

Wow that is a pretty nice find.

NY Beach said:
Mkus said:

Thank you...I'm in agreement. Just put the 2 piece carbon fiber rod on it. Feels great!
Nice the shaft that comes with the nox just stinks! I built my own carbon shaft and bought one of Steves clamps no more loose shaft wiggle and it works way better for beach hunting..
Mark