Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second outing with Explorer II

Farmercal

Poking around an old school getting memorials here and there at about 5 inches and then I got a suspect good/bad signal using the standard coil. Decided to try the 5 inch excellerator and went back to same spot and the signal sounded good this time. Pinpointed exactly and look what came up! I know it isn't a barber, but I'll take settle for a mercury any day. The first pic came a little blurred but I haven't tried to use macro photagraphy before, guess I'm still a newb at digital photography.

Don't you just love the look of the Mercury Dime! I sure do and especially when they come out looking like that and in great shape. Full bands shows that it wasn't long after in circulation that the coin was lost and lucky you just happened to find it and bring it back from a long resting spot. WTG!!! Good Luck and HH. Make sure you hit that spot again. I am sure there is more waiting there for you.

Any day finding silver is a good day. I still think the Mercury Dime is the most beautiful coin minted by the U.S. Gov. Nice find and it's in good shape also, Congratulations Farmer

Thanks James. You know the funny thing is it was only about 4-5 inches down. I know other detectors have been over the front yard I was hunting but they never saw that merc all these years. "I" even hunted this area before with other detectors and never saw this coin. I think truly hunted out is impossible, as there are too many variables.

And this is only the second time out ???
Watch out everyone in the area.....
Farmercal has started to figure out this machine.
This is only the beginin........GREAT JOB
HH