Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second look at Excalibur II and Equinox

C

calabash digger

Lets take another look..[video]https://youtu.be/FiqwmeWa_xw[/video]

I couldn't tell on the video, what is the discrimination set on, I would always run mine all the way down or it will miss gold. That's where the iron buzz comes in that is so irritating when you are in disc mode. I found several gold rings with mine and how many pull tabs I don't know.

I don't know what's up. Doesn't act like the detector I used for years and just sold a few months ago. When you go over iron with an Excalibur in disc mode, with it turned to 1, there is an iron buzz that stays on until you hit a nonferrous target.
That's why I would hunt I pinpointer mode, plus it's deeper.

You come hunt my sites in pin point mode and your go be in bad trouble. The site I am on now is machine gun iron...

I agree. That's why I got the CTX after a couple years of hunting the beaches with the Excalibur.
Then i got the equinox and sold the other two machines.
I wish you good luck with the Excalibur. The equinox just works better for me. But if you are going 20 to 30 feet deep you don't have much of a choice.

I know...we need a new dive unit...come on minelab..

The Excal II is NOT a land/dirt machine! <Period> It is a saltwater machine and a great one at that. But w/o modifications is limited to prewired coil and prewired headphones.
The CTX 3030 is both a land/dirt and saltwater machine and works great w both. Just don't take it deeper than 10 ft. Can't beat the 17" coil and 2-dimensional target analysis, but the charger SUCKS!
The Nox 800 is first a land/dirt machine and second a saltwater machine (eg water intrusion issues, burping, unstable shaft in water). It is "chatty Cathy" under numerous conditions (electrical interference/power lines, saltwater, ground conditions) requiring reduced sensitivity. The internal battery and charging system is almost ideal, except for the limited battery life (3-4 yrs) and lack of ability to change battery. The ability to add an external power supply and continue to hunt is a real plus. But can't beat it for detecting very small gold or for prospecting (20khz, 40khz). Also, love the use of Bluetooth earbuds w the 800.
I'm keeping all three!

I am keeping both myself gonna do some deep diving soon.