Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

second gold found to day with MX sport !

Found a gold heart pendant today with my MX sport , it had a black hills gold rose on it , 14 k. Nice little find, in northern mi torch lake I put the 13 inch coil on it tonight , targets are far and few, the MX is a sensitive machine , I use coin and jewelry and prospecting modes my strategy is to hunt out side of the sand bar areas where detectorist don't hunt Mutch , but its a big area so the 13 coil will help, I just swing back and forth like a big lake michigans carps tail and sooner or later I get a hit, out their its good to practice digging deep faint targets, I've also been looking at goggle earth maps of bigger lakes with lots of public beaches and access sites, a lot of them are not mentioned on tourist sites its nice to zoom in up close and see parking places and what the bottom looks like in the swim areas. I have two metal detecting buddy's and its nice to have someone to ride with and talk to at times . well good night gods childern !

Good morning! Rain today! In Michigan , I'm going to traverse city today to help someone move a refrigerator up a stair way , I will take the MX sport , and might get a chance to detect a little, my doctor said my blood cholesterol level is dangerously high and wants me take medicine for it, but my wife and someone else say its not good to take it, I should just change my diet , no more milk, cheese, hot wings, bacon wrapped cream cheese filled hot peppers butter, steak, the list goes on , fast food , not even beef jerkery that I like to make, carrot sticks! Anyone .

Always wanted to hunt Torch Lake. I will pray for your health and discernment for you.

Thanks mike and warthog ! For your encouragement, yes !low fat milk is now_on the list, lots of salads and I am still gonna make turkey jerky , and thank God red and green hot sauce is OK, my wife and I have a garden each summer , that's going to help a lot. Went to grand traverse bay for a while , no gold or old silver , pull tabs and clad quarter, gold is elusive, and the pull tab I don't dig could be the one I should have, I Like the MX sport but will always love my AT pro , I may buy some day one of those mars shafts and gray ghost head phones for the AT pro , but when will it stop, when my wife cries ? so stop the madness waterhound, two detectors is enough, now if I am blessed with lots of gold this summer ,then what ! We need to tithe more to voice of the martyrs not buy more detectors , say have any of you guys panned or detected for gold in the rogue river by grand rapids , you can see color there, in your pan. Here I go again, and I'm already thinking of detecting the beach and waters edge at night to escape the crowds during this summers cherry festival, is this type of thinking normal. Mike and warthog ? I dream of metal detecting in shallow water and its so clear and real , its only gold ! Right ! Its really a soft metal thats only good for jewelry , .when does all this end ?

It is cold, I stay near shore, but I still sweat in my neoprene waders , I do need to give it a break for a while, and dry out , and do some remodeling for my wife. Are you going to hunt that resort this summer ? And do you need a helper , lol

Hunt Lake MI and inland swimming holes in the summer. I concentrate on old coins and relics when the ground is moist.

as low as 19 degrees in the dead of winter when every thing was frozen except rivers. The neoprene keeps me warm. I prefer to water hunt in shorts and a T shirt in the summer though.

I here ya mike, I did like_water hunting in my cut offs , t shirt , and water shoes , and the change from water to coins and relics is a good idea , do you guys snow bank hunt at store parking lots? In spring.

Lot's of guys do around here. I did very little this year but did get one quarter and a smashed sterling ring.

I like it a lot , after not expecting it to run like my AT. Pro , it will find a small gold earing deep , its definitely based upon a gold finding machine , and let's me know if its aluminum or low conductives. Its a good coin machine as well , handles water and cold well , no leeks , the round stock and detect coils are light and move through the water easy , I use prospecting mode and Coin and Jewelry if l get overwhelmed , its powerful with sensitivity turned off it still has four or five inches , I still will use my Garrett AT pro for fresh drops this summer, and in some parks, and the MX sport on deep sand bars and looking for small gold and chains. Its nice to have both of them , and the batteries last a long time even in this cold weather I am amazed . I had to modify the arm cuff , theirs alot of drag in water hunting , and that seems to be the only thing that I think needs changing next time. I would recommend it to an experienced user but not someone just starting out , Its a keeper , I just need to slow down ,

Gold 10 k. Diamond ring today at the YMCA , and yes its fun to be at the YMCA. I could not get that song out of my head after I found the ring in the river , the village people were not my favorite , was their an Indian , construction worker , and two other guys , any one know who the others were , just kidding ! Good night sister ma Betty , I think your the best poster .

n/t

Mike l have to figure out how to do that_my wife and I really struggle with computers

Congrats WaterHound that is a really great find! Does the wife get it and did she claim it right away? :lol: Steve in Louisiana's wife has quite a collection from his nice finds...I tease him and say that she could open a jewelry store! A very blessed and lucky pair of nice people! God Bless! :angel: Ma