Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Searching for a Wet Suit... any ideas? Helpful hints? :blink:

MissSpark

I have spent the better part of my morning searching for a decent Wet Suit for water detecting. I am pretty small and freeze my ass off quite easily, so I think a Suit of Wetness would be a good buy. Alas, there are so many to choose from and the prices vary from 'nice and cheap' to 'holy crap, that is a paycheck and a half!'.

What I would like to know is if the price is all in the Name/Company and not in the product quality. If you could give me a few good choices that would not break the bank, I would greatly appreciate it.

All seriousness aside, I also want it for my "Super Detector" outfit. Have a Coil Symbol Stamped on my chest, and run around the beach with a beach towel wrapped around my neck. Good times. :rofl:

I have dove for 6 years with a detector and I HATE wetsuits because of the stiffness in the arms and legs. However I was able to trade some computer work for a U.S Divers Superstrech suit and I LOVE it. I got the 5 mil suit because of the Michigan water and it seems GREAT. I can bend my arm and I don't feel uncomfortable at all. I only use a shorty in the summer but use this one in the fall and spring.

It stretches all 4 ways and they make them for women and men. I think you would be quite pleased with that choice.

Thanks for the info! Movement and comfort are a big thing. I want to feel less like a walking gentlemans jerkin, and more like a mermaid. I think I may have found a winner! Double Mint thanks!

Miss Spark, Sam's Club here in Fl. have there summer wear in and they have a shorty wet suit for 29.95. If you want a full length suit try your local dive shop for clearance sales from last years stock. I just got a new Farmer John long 3mm for $40.00 at my local dive shop. I like the farmer john here in Fl. doesn't get to hot, and is sleeveless so no arm irritation from swinging detector for 6 hrs.at a time. I never use it in the summer, just bathing suite. Good luck and HH

Ditto on the Henderson, they sell the entry-level Neosport Hyperflex Access for $40 or so. Decent wetsuit if you take care of it.......