Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

searching chain link fence

fozzy767

i hear alot about guys searching around chain link fence,i use a bh lone star...when i go around the fences my detector goes nuts,any suggestions????????

Hay Fozzy,

I have gotten better and better at it.

One thing I learned. CL fences have points on the bottom.

Figgure out the points. Go slowly and listen for anything that doesn't add up.

That's easy to say because it sounds so erratic.

Practice.

With most steel or iron objects, you need to go strait at it and away from it.

CL fenses are different. I go different directions, and always along them.

I do not try to discreminate out the fence. I rarely us discrimination above iron

if at all.

I will also risk cutting my hand to temporarly move the fence back a little.

I have found some very nice targets under chain link fences,

i have heard that is like an awesome place to check,i have a vmax pinpointer i thought about going that route..thanks man

This works.....most cl fences are a little loose from age. Drive a BIG screwdriver ,or other, about 2 feet away from the fence, (on the other side of the fence). Take a strong piece of cord with a metal hook on one end and hook it to the bottom of the fence. Stretch the fence and tie the cord to the screwdriver. Detect as you can, moving the screwdriver and cord with hook as you go. This assumes you're detecting close to a gate or have very long legs. :twodetecting:

I started useing the 4 inch coil with sens way down. then if i still cant tell i just move the bark further from the poles and recheck it.

I read this post last night. Rain stopped, took my Silver U Max (aka "SIR") over to the school yard, set Sensitivity down, stock coil, disc at Iron.Worked parallel to chain links, got signals. You have to work them....Nothing to dig with , used shoe and got a pop tab , cent. And can slaw..No other locator I have ever had will get in this close..Stock coil...haven't ordered a smaller one..The metal posts will kill the Silver..THEN, went to an area I have never been able to work. Drove old T 20, to fits, 1210, and all the other Fishers to distraction..Darn old Silver went over the ground like down town..Only noise were signals, some clipped, some good healthy foil? The soil here is clay. The hot rock area was a load of gravel etc to make a path, lot of iron in it..Just sent a PM. taking wife to dinner, and, then need to carve a Santa for a charity raffle..So, if there are any experiments you want tried,,,like Annie sang, Tomorrow.. Have a great day NAD

I use my ACe 250 with the sniper coil around chain link fences. I don't usually find anything
but bits of discarded fence. Drives me crazy. I don't even bother to search there anymore.
I don't think I'm missing much though.
Katz