Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

searched a late 1800's home yesterday.............a lesson........

Greg from Mi.

Tried as best I could I came away with no Indians, no silver and the best I could do was 3 wheat's.
How could there be so little there after all them years?
I don't think it had been detected as there were lots of signals( junk ). then I remembered a place I detected about 7 years ago when the same thing happened.
The place I detected 7 years ago was owned by a Friend of my father in law. He lived there his whole life ( his mom and dad owned the house )
He told me it was never detected. I thought, Alright!!
After detecting it 3 times in all directions I only found about 3 or 4 coins.
I asked the guy, didn't you play in the yard and roll around as a kid with money in your pocket? I cant believe how few coins are here.
He said no, we were poor and didn't have much money!
Just because its old doesn't always mean old coins. they may have not had much
Greg

Sooo true Greg...most people were poor and what money they did have was kept safe and/or hidden in caches! My mom and dad didn't have much because when they got married in 1932 the country was trying to recover from the 1928 crash.....called the Great Depression! Their first child, a son died of pnuemonia at 3-1/2 months because they lived in a tent during the winter! Most folks have either forgotten or didn't listen to their parents and/or grandparents talk about that time in life, but mine did and I still remember and I have an account of how difficult it was for my grandmother to raise her 3 children without a husband, who ran off and left them to fend for themselves written by my dad's sister, Aunt Grace! They have all passed away....but believe me times were hard and it was also growing up on a farm in the 40's! I was 10 years old in 1945 when World War II ended and I remember it very well....even if I am forgetful!! :shrug: May God bless us not to have those kind of years but I believe they are coming and we will only make it through with Jesus, as our own, personal Savior and Lord! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

Cliff and I also got an orange and a couple of English Walnuts, maybe a nickel in one of our long socks and one time I rec a small world globe and then another time I rec a couple of what they called, Little Big Books....wish I still had them for they would be worth a lot more, today, then they were then! If anyone today would rec Christmas gifts like we did back then, they would throw a temper trantrum and/or have a heart attack! Sometimes, the people need to be taught a hard lesson to learn to appreciate what they do have and be seeking Jesus, for in our needs, is when we really cry out to Him! Amen! May God Bless! :angel: Ma Betty

done that. It's sure discouraging to find nothing much in what should be a good site. I did that one time and later talked with the neighbor who said the couple who lived there forever had no kids, were tight as a drum, no parties, etc.
When I was a kid - 60 years ago - we had either a good Christmas or a poor one - depending on my dad's construction job. A good one I got mostly clothes that I needed.

Hey - you got 3 more wheats than I did today !

steve in so az

She raised me and my sister to appreciate what we did get. Today "some" people just REFUSE to appreciate anything. My kid knows how to appreciate her things for sure. If she doesn't I take them away. Simple. You don't have to appreciate what you don't have and you appreciate thigs more when you lose them.!!!! She has not lost anything yet. Thank You Jesus.!!!!!!!! PEACE:RONB

I bet the ground was still very dry aye? Yep sometimes them yards are very stingy!

we had a lot of rain the other day and it was nice digging. only under a big tree was it dry. Not any signals there either
Greg