Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seahunter mk2 sensitivity query

KIPPERMAN32

Hi

I normally relic/coin hunt here in uk with both f75/t2...As the fields are in crop atm I bought a seahunter mk2 for doing the local beaches...Its quite simple to operate, but can anybody tell me how to raise/lower sensitivity on the machine or if this is even possible..praphs it just uses a default level??? does the threshold have any bearing on sensitivity at all or is this just a personal preference??

Cheers

Ste

Oh man, it's been a few years since I used the MKII, but from what I can recall, it does seem like the Threshold control would indeed affect sensetivity. Higher threshold= Higher sensetivity. Also, Standard Trash Elimination is alot more sensetive than Discreet Trash Elimination.
In my experience, the MKII is sensetive enough at a just audible threshold. In fact, in order to help maintain stability, I would normally hunt in Discreet Trash Elimination and then switch to Standard Trash Elimination in order to pinpoint better after getting a target response, because the signal is alot stronger in Standard Trash Elimination Mode.
That MKII is the deepest machine I've ever used. I got rid of it because I got tired of digging such deep holes, usually for what would turn out to be an aluminum can or big piece of wadded up foil trash, LOL. Oh yeah, and I got tired of digging so much danged iron.
Anyways, best of luck to ya.
Happy Hunting.:)