Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE vs T 2

vaseeker

im thinking of buying a new machine & like se it feels great in my hand love the tones but i relic hunt alot someone told me to go with the T 2 ????

Go for the Explorer SE, the T2 might be nice and all but the Explorer has a solid good reputation, meanwhile the T2 is a new detector wich is good, but go with the best, get the SE.

Well I cant speak for the T2. But my SE is doing very good finding small and deep targets. With in the last week of useing it i've found 8 IH cents,an 1872 shield nickle 12 buttons one is half the size of a dime a musket ball a 3 ringer and various pieces of non ferous targets some very small. I will never let go of my SE Its a GREAT machine. HH Johnny

I'm not knocking the Explorer models or the new SE, I own both the T-2 and SE including an older XS model

Have used both and feel the Explorer for silver coins can't be beat..
Not a relic hunter myself but have found my share of bullets buckles and the like with an Explorer...T-2 was a nice lightweight machine that would take a faster swing but in my neck of the woods was constantly bothered by outide interferences and was not my cup of tea..Never used a Nautilus but many swear its the best relic unit around bar none...

I used them both this year and both of them are good and both have faults too. The T-2 is lighter weight, can swing faster, easy to adjust and will see some very small target. The Explorer you have to go slower, but has a better ID and will see some deeper coins in some area. I feel you can do more with the Explorer in some area. If you are a coin hunter only, than the Explorer is the one you want, but if you like relic hunting more I feel the T-2 will work a little better. Like I say I used the both and liked them both, but was forced to sell the T-2 a few month ago as i do more coin hunting in older parks.