Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE vs DFX300 vs CZ-3D

Hello, all -

I currently own an Eagle Spectrum, and other than a dead backlight ($80 to replace the display), it has served me well for the last 10 years or so. Still, I would like to upgrade to the amazing depth that the current generation of MDs can achieve. The three detectors above cost quite a bit, so before writing that check, I would appreciate any input you could provide to assist my buying decision between the three units. I know with all the experience this website carries, there are purchase considerations that I am unaware of that posters are. My main interest is inland coinshooting. Thanks for sharing your opinions and knowledge. JW

Hi John, all three detectors you listed are probably excellent detectors but one thing to consider is where is the nearest dealer and what kind of service do they offer. I just purchased a DFX yesterday and it is an excellent machine. The service i got from my nearest whites dealer was unbelievable. He drove an hour to my house and spent the day with me showing me how to operate the DFX. In the short time we actually detected 2 or 3 hrs, I found 3 mercs 1 wheat and 1 bufalo and some clad. The reason I went with the DFX I let the products speak for themselves. My first detector I bought in 1982, it was a coinmaster 5000 D and it still works perfect to this day. I like to stick with products that are proven. The best advice I can give you is read all three detector forums and look for complaints or problems with the detectors. Good luck all three are excellent choices. Ron in Michigan

All 3 units are top of the line units and of course all have the plus and minus features..I would think from your previous history a DFX would be a logical choice..Have heard excellent results from all three and imagine any owner of either could give a good argument so basically go with what you know and trust to hold up over the years and order a DFX. If you check around several excellent books are out on the unit and would be a good read to give ou a running start...