Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE vs DFX300 vs CZ-3D

Hello, all -

I am contemplating a purchase between the three units above, and would appreciate any input that you might be able to provide to assist my decision. At this level of detector, it is quite difficult to differentiate between the manufacturers/units, so you may be aware of an important purchase criteria that I'm not. I currently own an Eagle Spectrum, and want to upgrade to current technology for greater depth during inland coinshooting. My main interest is finding old coins. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and opinions. JW

I had a CZ3D and didn't like it as much as my CZ 70.In the old coin program it would drive me nuts if there was modern trash at the site I was hunting.I would suggest you look real hard at a Fisher F75.I bought one and it is amazing at finding old deep silver.The recovery is so fast it takes a little getting use to.It is real deep on silver and fairly easy to learn.My silver coin count has really gone up with the F75.

hey kickback!
do you use the 6"loop in the trash?..if so,how has it performed?..thanks!

(h.h!)
j.t.

I'm using the standard coil.The detector is really fast,the small coil is on my list to get though.

when you say se are you talking about a minelab explorer se if so forget that i know people that have had them for 2 years and still dont fuly understand them as far as the cz-3 if you get a DD coil for it it might be ok im not a big fan f fisher anymore since they sold out to tk2 and bounty hunter to me a fisher now is a glorified bounty hunter and for those that dont believe me read up on what hapened to fisher and tk2 and bounty hunter i forgot which one went bankrupt and which one bailed the other out but once that happened they aquired all 3 companies and got the last of the patients they needed so thats why there isnt a cz-5 anymore and there iant cz-20 anymore its now caled a cz-3 and a cz-21 and that fisher i.d. and now that they have tekneticks to copy they have a beter machine to copy thats why it works so fast now as far as the dfx300 dont worry about the 300 get a regular dfx the 300 only means it comes with a 12 inch spder coil which is heavy and you only get abot 1-3 inches more depth out of it what you want is a whites dfx i own one and you want to get a elliptical coin shooter coil its a DDcoil which run really deep and realy smooth and stable and you can adjust the fisher f75 is modeled exactly after te tk2 if you dont believe it then look ad compare them now again back to the dfx there are preset coin programs already in there and you can go in and change it to suit you if you want you however you want as far as that fisher f75 and the recovery speed eing so fast well remember on the dfx you have th ability to change the recovery seed which i do on mine but i do it because it gived the machine alittle more depth but you can speed it way up or slow it way down its up to you i think you will be very happy with the dfx and if you go through kellyco you canget a great deal i didt like them to bei with but as wel as they have treated me i cant complain they took almost 300.00 off the retail price and threw in a pinpointer aand some accessories what id like to know is id like to get ito collectig more coins the only one ive really got was a king george and some wheat pennies and some silver coins but just a handful thats al where is i that you go how do you know where to find these coins id really like to know so i can expand my collection

I've never owned a CZ-3D so I can't really compare it with the others other than to say multi-frequency does have an advantage. I don't think the CZ-3D is multi-frequency.

DEPTH: Depth wise the SE and DFX300 are right there together, although the DFX has been able to detect every coin my SE did, there has been a few targets my DFX found that the SE did not. Mainly gold targets, I think the DFX is a tab bit stronger in the finding gold arena. The stock DD coil of the SE will do better, in most cases, than the stock DFX coil. If you live in an area with high ground mineralization then the SE will go deeper because of it's DD coil. Put a DD coil on the DFX and you have pretty evenly matched performance. Other than the DFX being a tab bit more sensitive to gold.

CONSTRUCTION: Both the SE and DFX are well built detectors. The SE and DFX weigh about the same, but the DFX's design seems to handle the weight better. I can swing my DFX all day without fatigue, but only a few hours with the SE before I get sore. The display of the SE tend to be hard to read in bright sunlight from glare.

Ease of use: I've used Whites detectors for quite some time so I'm probably a bit bias on this one, but I found the DFX to be far more user friendly than the SE. I've been able to hand my DFX to someone that has never used a detector and they find stuff. I've handed my SE to some of my hunting buddies that have experience, and they were confused. The SE's menu system I like better than the DFX's.

Target ID: I think target ID accuracy is pretty close on both as far as depth, however, the DFX's ID resolution is far better than the SE. That is to say with the DFX, via the VDI, I can tell a silver coin from a clad, where on the SE the best I could do was tell a penny from a quarter.

I conclude by saying out of the box I give the depth advantage to the SE on silver, and overall performance to the DFX.

Not too much said about the CZ but its easily the most user friendly and coil for coil the deepest of the lot...

Simple to use and with the 10.5 will outhunt DEEPER than any of the mentioned units.
[And Lighter doesn't hurt either] Plus you don't spend half your time changing your programming
wondering if you can go deeper. NO STEEP LEARNING CURVE.:fisher:
(Plus the DFX is a ML circuit that has had the gain cut back drastically-an XLT or MXT
would be deeper.)

They never bother to patent it, but ML did, however Fisher was grandfathered in.
ALL CZ's OPERATE AT 5 AND 15 kHz plus the harmonics off the frequencies just like ML.
If you read the ad copy it states 14 frequencies.

I've been using the 3D for 3 years now. Let me tell ya,it's been a love hate relationship. I do like it a bunch but after hundreds of digs I still get smacked with rusted nails. And I mean tight,concise signals that sound perfect! The little roofing nails will get you every time but I still enjoy using it. And let me say,it is deep! The 3 d amazes me everytime I go out with it.Some days I love it,other days I hate it. Kinda like some girls I've known over the years.

The DFX is a licensed Minelab circuit, gain cut back severely. If you want a ML buy one.
The test question should be , "should I buy a CZ3D, XLT, or the F-75."

vlad said:
The DFX is a licensed Minelab circuit, gain cut back severely. If you want a ML buy one.
The test question should be , "should I buy a CZ3D, XLT, or the F-75."

I have both F75 and CZ-3D. In my ground the CZ will consistently out produce the F75. Th CZ is much better in sites with lots of Iron.I have placed 6 nails and a 1" nut & bolt around a quarter the CZ will ID the quarter, my F75 couldn't lock on. Coil for coil the depth is the same. I usually use the CZ it's more fun to use.